Monday, November 29

Salt and pepper

People if you want to put on weight , I suggest you go home late , around 11 pm , for a week , I am heavier by 2 kgs .Yahoo ..... On Saturday evening, I go to my room and what do I see? Its spick and span, all my books stacked neatly in the shelf. This could happen only if my sis is in town or my mom's relatives are dropping by. The later was true, my mom's younger bro (from Mangalore) was visiting Bangalore for a couple of days. So on Sunday , my mom wakes me up at 5 am . I say" For God's sake Mom ,Its 5 am on a chilly Sunday morning " in reply I get a dishum dishum and she packs me off to pick up her bro. So there I was on the highway ,at 5 .15am ,not a soul in sight, except for a couple of auto drivers warming themselves by the roadside bonfire . I join them and have a chat , warm myself by the fire. Bangalore is getting colder as the years go by. (Vc shivers) 5 30 am: Local metropolitan bus stops by, 4 mischievous village kids accompanied by their Grandpa and Granny get down. Poor guys they had their hands full, trying to control these brats. ( halli hudugrege bus andre eno maja, adeke elioke manisella ..) When another bus stops by, one of these brats makes a run for it,his ever vigilant grandma , catches him just in time and gives him a whack ! hehe 6 am : After a 45 min wait ,the Bus comes in and my uncle who had last seen me on my Sister's wedding fails to recognise me and I have to introduce myself :) .He was shivering in the cold his teeth literally chattering. He says Mangalore is hot and sultry and Bangalore is like a honeymoon spot ..hehe ... As we ride back home, he's enquiring about the wellbeing of all our relatives and starts scolding me for not visiting him in Mangalore . I had last been to my native 8 years ago ,... hmm ... the beaches , the temples , the fast moving private buses ,the fishy smell,the primitive tiled houses, not to mention the butterflies .. hmmm ... Funny incident : My Uncle is visiting our apartment for the first time and I'm sharing my room with him. He enter's my room ( which is all spick and span thanks to Mom ) and he says " hmm room chenagide , Maduve ago " ( Hey the Bedroom is spacious , now get married .) I fell on the floor laughing. After breakfast off to the vegetable market . My uncle is curious and wants to know what the vegetable rates are in Bangalore . When he learns that a bunch of coriander leaves costs around 1 rupee , he is astonished . It seems its Rs 20 in Mangalore :) . ( I am thankful to being in Bangalore). Afternoon : Was off to PB's marriage ( he sits next to me in office) . Got lost in Malleswaram trying to locate the Marriage hall .Malleswaram is one of Bangalore's oldest and posh places . The function was simple and traditional. The Groom was in a sherwani and looked like a model :) and the Bride ,who is a school teacher was just like any other Indian house wife , simple and boootiful .They made a charming couple . Was suprised to note that all my office colleagues were married . The lunch was a traditional South Indian plantain meal.. Soooooper :) * Weekend movies : Veer Zara : A must for all Shahrukh fans .. ok movie ... Rani is hmm hmm. Hulchul :Arshad Warsi's performance stands out .... Funny movie but same old formula. Swordfish : Hugh Jackman and John Travolta , Action packed flick. Want to sing Christmas Carols ?. Join me this Christmas " This little guiding light of mine " " Count your blessings " " Rudolf the red nose Reindeer " lala lala la la le So long .....

No comments: