Friday, November 16

Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives. ~William Dement

Rule 1: I was dog tired and got home to be greeted by my sleepy mom. She had fallen asleep watching the TV soaps ,psst re-runs. After eating dinner at midnight , I started reading The Dangerous Edge, before falling asleep to Himmi’s music in the background.

At around 3am, I had this weird feeling that some one or some thing ( it’s so demeaning to call animals a ” thing”) was walking over my chest . It was a black cat with weird yellow eyes and one of its paws was on my heart and I froze. It turned and looked at me, I could neither scream nor breathe. My hands did not respond to the brain waves which were passing through the nerves. It just took a stroll over my body.

That’s when I bolted and turned off the Radio.

Rule 2: ( censored)take a break go sip some water and wink at your colleague go go.

Rule 3. I got up early, was ready in a jiffy and honked at the security guard to open the gate. He didn’t even flinch, I had to park my bike and open the gates. He really acted surprised, as if he had never seen a tenant open the gates of the apartment. Grrrr. For once the traffic was thin and I managed to reach my bus-stop on time. I parked my bike at the usual stop and ran off to get some Melody chockis..and surprise surprise the bus was on time and I had to run to catch it.Uff that was close. I was in my favourite seat and for the next few stops, people looked at me and gave a sigh. I was worried was it the tulsi beads ? I tried hiding it. I was the last to get down from the bus and I waved bye to my driver who just looked blankly in my direction. WHAT WAS HAPPENING ? I swiped my access card and GRRR it was not responding !! I had to wait for a few minutes until the Ladies swiped their cards and I mingled with them. Somehow my cubicle had changed, the Ganesha idol was missing and so were my favorite mementos and that cute card.Grrr who has been stealing stuff ? I took my water bottle and went to the cafeteria to fill it up, I was worried that my colleagues were playing a trick on me. I was busy filling up the bottle when I realized that the aunties where talking about me, in my presence ?? I turned my back to them and wanted to get out of the room, when something made me stop. Aunty 1 : It should not have happened he was so young .Aunty 2: "It seems that after the accident when they took him to the hospital, he had a smile on his face". That’s when it hit me, no wonder when I tried to comb my hair, I couldn’t see myself in the mirror .No wonder the dogs were howling.No wonder.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

lo kapi, whats wrong with you.

you should always wish for good things.

kapi!!

Anonymous said...

dabba postu .. thu thu

Anonymous said...

Prayed for ur long life.....
-BF

Vc said...

I dont need your pity !! ( slams the door and walks to Padma Bar)

Anonymous said...

juk juk jeyo mere laal....atleast take my blessings ;) if not the prayers :) :) :)

-BF

Vc said...

Don't you....ohm...ohm...I hate the color Laal !! it signifies death.

Anonymous said...

hai hai ;)

Vc said...

Grrrrrrrrrrrr stop IT