Tuesday, February 26

Feb...

Thank God it’s the last day of February. Somehow I knew something “normal” would happen this month ;) Some of the little things that I did this month were : Attended Raghavendra’s Marriage: He’s a good friend of mine and I’ve known him since my 8th standard. He had a hotel and he used to get these amazing madhur vada’s yummmmmmmy and No that was not the only reason I was friends with him, he was good in mathematics ;). He was the one who had temporary amnesia and we still make up stories on what exactly happened on that day in 1993. The marriage was held in a small town near Udupi and it was such a simple marriage sigh*.We had fun singing songs and winking at pretty young ladies ( alrite alrite i didn’t wink). The highlight was visiting Raghavendra’s ancestral home.Gosh that was something to remember and they even had their own private beach and temple…someday…. Backpacking in Black :. Went to Shabrimala and Guruvayur. I’m not religious but the cab driver Krishna, made me pray, grrr,everytime he overtook a lorry. I did feel something when I was standing next to the temple ..something weird…naah must have been dizzy with all those Lemon Soda’s that I drank while making that treacherous 4 mile walk up the mountain. Some little things that caught my eye… There are no roadhumps/speedbreakers in Kerala. There are no tender coconuts in Kerala There are more churches than temples+mosques Everyone gets a decent education because of the Christian missionaries They don’t have milk in tea shops They wear a lot of gold chains Their kids are so cute and fair……but Kerala is hot and humid ..then HOW ??? Mysore Wedding: Sajjan,one of the most talked about persons on my blog tied the knot and willingly fell into the bottomless pit. The bus journey from Bangalore to Mysore was so weird… I mean it’s the Bharaaath right, the groom’s party and we should have naach gaaana ..and disco and horses and elephants and Jasmine flowers,Chicken tikka and a bottle of rum,, Aishwarya Rai dancing to the tune of Kajraaare…ahem ..but NO, we were singing rhymes Mary had a little Lamb, London bridge is falling down and Chubby cheeks ..sigh* Why ? because the 3 little kids in the bus didn’t want to sing anything else !! duh !! and I did sing along..;) I did take some nice pics of the couple and of the mantap..will publish it soon.Oh while coming back I saw the film Saajan ;) and the songs are still WOW .. Jeeyen to jeeyen kaise bin aapkeJeeyen to jeeyen kaise bin aapkeLagta nahin dil kahin bin aapkeJeeyen to jeeyen kaise bin aapkeJeeyen to jeeyen kaise bin aapke Kaise kahoon bina tere zindagi ye kya hogiKaise kahoon bina tere zindagi ye kya hogiJaise koi saza koi badd-dua hogiJaise koi saza koi badd-dua hogiMaine kiya hai ye faislaJeena nahin hai tere bina Memories and lollypop’s : I hope to have made someone out there a wee bit happy by presenting them with a mango :) I think we dream so we don't have to be apart so long. If we're in each other's dreams, we can play together all night. ~Bill Watterson, Calvin & Hobbes

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how dare u fiddle with the dates :-P

Anonymous said...

and you do get tender coconut in Kerala and it is so much more yummier than what we get here ....
Nice post :) Very you ... after quite some time :)

Anonymous said...

How do i get the formating right !! aaaaaaaargh ..mummmmmmmmmy..can someone call Agony Aunty ... and :)