Friday, February 8

I can't control the commas :)

The past few days, ok a few weeks I've been working late nights and as someone rightly pointed out I'm starting to show my age :( Last weekend I spent an hour playing with a lil girl who was fascinated by my big nose :), yes Anand's daughter thought I was Pinocchio. He did make a comment which took me off guard, “Hey you've sort of changed over the past few months. You are no longer the loos Vc I once knew". That really shook me, but then I blamed it on the “watermelon juice" :). My mom is worried that I have black circles under my eyes and that I've hardly been getting 5 hours of sleep. I was joking with a colleague " If I leave my house on the 7th, I end up going back only on the 8th and it looks like I'm working for a Call Centre :) " The worst part is the dialogues that my mom throws at me when she opens the door at 1 am." Yawn, wait for a couple of hours and I'll prepare breakfast" or that " Why do you even bother coming home ?Take your pillow, toothbrush and teddy bear and sleep in your cubicle" . But it does have its own perks...roads with no traffic signals just dogs chasing you around, erratic cab drivers who play catch me if you can, and ofcourse the great songs on the radio and the stars :) . It's been a couple of weeks since I slept in my bedroom , that's because once I go home and have dinner in the wee hours of the morning, I sort of feel fresh and turn on the TV and after 9 days I have successfully seen " I am Legend" and " The Golden Compass" before falling asleep clutching the remote. I still have 12 movies to watch :) Yesterday was another tiring day. I was hoping that there would not be any traffic snarls , yes my friend, Bangalore has traffic jams at midnight. I was afraid that if I sort of stopped for a few seconds I would doze off. So I whizzed past all the roads to find myself caught in front of the Railway Gate. GRRR..i couldn’t take it anymore and so I parked my bike and started jogging, well it was sort of a jungle dance ..without the drums and the girls....it was a weird sight, but that's me :) I think Feb is going to be one loooooooooooong month with little or no sleep :(

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can really appreciate the fact that inspite of everything, ur busy schedule et al, u find time to take care of fitness. wow !

Prashanth said...

Oh oh I have been told that if you are not able to sleep many hours in the night and you are not able to eat as much as usual it is a symptom of a certain four letter word

Anonymous said...

omg....u dont mean THE word?

Anonymous said...

ok Ok i confess I am ..is the 4 letter word .WORK WORK WORK and WORK !!