Monday, October 22

Don't forget to breathe ...


So I said to the gym instructor: 'Can you teach me to do the splits?' He said: 'How flexible are you?' I said: I can't make Tuesdays.'  Courtesy – Google+some weird site.


New Area New Yoga :

I have joined yet another yoga class to enlighten my mind, body and soul. I read somewhere that yoga is believed to calm our mind and soul, free our body from toxins and reduce the degeneration of cells. Well I am not sure if it is working for me. After 6 classes waking up at 5.45 and looking forward to some back breaking and toe touching exercises, do I see the light ? No not yet.

But I can hear the dogs again , well they are relatively closer these days, maybe because of the BBMP strike. Garbage everywhere.

Some of the new exercises that I am learning is Bhramari. You have to keep our two thumbs on two external auditory canal, index and middle finger together on two closed eyes and ring finger on the two sides of the nose. During exhalation you must chant the word "O-U-Mmmma" with a humming nasal sound mimicking the sound of a humming wasp , so that the laryngeal walls and the inner walls of the nostril mildly vibrate. I believe that this will definitely reduce your Blood Pressure. Now can you use this in a project meeting. Of course you can. Just go into the Bhramari pose and Boom!  Your BP is down and you are out.

The Yoga center that I go to is run by a lady who was recognized for quitting her “high paying IT job’ and is now taking pains to enrich human life by teaching yoga. Ahem ahem..

I am still in the “new joinee” list and soon will be able to do 40 minutes of nonstop sweating exercises . I wonder if I still have that scar on my toe :) or was in on my knee ??


Q: What do yoga meditation and an apple peeler have in common? 
A: They both take you to the core.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha ha welcome back Vc. Missed you :)