Tuesday, February 14

Strange how a teapot can represent at the same time the comforts of solitude and the pleasures of company.

Feb 14, (It was the year in which "mobile” was used for mobile charge carriers and the mobile Library). My friend Venki and I were sitting under the shade of the Eucalyptus tree, scratching our heads and trying in vain to complete a complex graph which was due for submission.I spied Rashmi and (that fat girl whose name I keep forgetting, let's give her a name) Shubha walking towards us. Rashmi looked striking in a green dress and her long plaited hair hanging over her shoulders were indescribable. Venki looks up, gives me a nudge and whispers... Venki: Vinod (yep they called me Vinod in those bygone days) Rashmi is coming this way. Vinod :Come on, she doesn’t even know we exist. Venki: Either she's coming over to meet you or she's going to the restroom. Vinod :eh ? I hear a sweet voice calling out my name ... R : Vinod Vinod : (I smile and look up .. well some people do compare it to a “loos grin” ) R: Can I borrow your Samskritha notes ? Vinod: Sure (I give her a notebook). R: ( puts it into her bag , gives me the most divine smile ever seen on Indian television )Thank you. Vinod : (more smiles and I watch her walk away)sigh * Venki : (pattar) you can close your mouth now. Vinod : (grin )You know I have this feeling that she’ll be back pretty soon. Venki : eh ? How can you be so sure ? Vinod : (grin) Because, my friend, I gave her my English notes !!

11 comments:

Jagadish said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA :D.....well done well done :P...so, did she come back again ? ;)

Prashanth said...

Er.... is this based on a real life incident?

Anonymous said...

Good question SP. I very much suspect that it is Vc's version of what should have happened...I wish we could ask venki. I mean Vc grinning (!!!!) at girls??? Scowling, yes...hiding behind the tree, definitely.

Vc said...

Sigh* it seems she's married with 2 kids ...

Jagadish..ella kano aah dummi bandu boook eskondu hodlu.. life my friend is cruel...

SP : It is ..it is ...

Kk: Hello .. U can ask Dee. .. Dee can ask Sandhya.. Sandhya can ask her brother.. who happens to be Venki..

and hello i don't hide behind a tree.. and scowl .. me che che..

Jagadish said...

uahahahahahahahha :D....anti-climax :D...too good :P

Vc said...

aunty -CLIMAXaa ??

Lo namkaste namgay.. snff.. sniffa

Lo neenu Bangaloregay bandirbeku alva.. yava area guru ?

Jagadish said...

Oi!! heg gothaithu naanu benglur ge vaapas bande antha ? howdu, dived back 2 weeks ago...inna jet lag hogilla...i should have come by ship antah anstha ide iga :D...

num area koramangala :P..lokill boys :D

Prashanth said...

Oye... neku kannada gothilla... talk in english or kk, div and I will start talking in tamil!

Jagadish said...

:D :D....well, in my defence, VC asked me a question in kannada, so i replied back in kannada :P...

Vc said...

Poda SP poda..... wait let me swear in Telugu .. Donga Donga .. thiruda thiruda and Pooraki .. :)

Yep they are all south indian films...

Vc said...

Lo Jagadisha , Don't you know

" Vc nose all " che..