Monday, August 21

"I am a graduate of Starfleet Academy; I know many things."~-- Worf (The Darkness and the Light)

Yes I did it !! I watched the most talked about film in recent years , the 70 crore film by Karan Johar, Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna. Yep its 3 hours and 20 minutes and no way it’s going to represent India to the Oscar :). I watched it on a PC and the sound quality was not worth writing home.But the best part was that I could fast forward the “ boo hoo” scenes and believe me there were a lot of forward-able scenes Stuff that caught my eye and went into my nose: First 20 minutes enjoyable …no crying or hamming . Next 3 hours ..too many twists and turns ( yes I was looking up and down) Songs : Ooh there is this one song .. which I will call the “ Blue Song “. The screen turns completely blue. (I thought the monitor went kaput and gave it a whack) Cinematography : Good Headache : 2 Anacin tablets Story : cough cough For me,.the one person who stood out in this multistarrer was not Shah Rukh Khan or Rani Mukherjee ,Abhishek Bachchan ,Preity Zinta nor was it Amitabh Bachchan but it was Kiron Kher . We’ve seen her in almost all of the hit films … Paro’s Mom ( hai hai ) in Devdas , Dj’s mom, Mitro in RBD, as Rani’s mom in Hum Tum ,Zooni's mom areh Kajol in Fanna, , i think she was Mariam Hayaat Khan in Veer-Zaara and of course she was in Main Hoon Na and that art film Khamosh Pani.But she came into the limelight with the film Sardari Begum . We just take some things for granted don’t we …….. Super scene : All the cast (yep all of them )… ok let me explain who is who : Shahrukh eeeew he ham’s a lot and is married to Priety and his mom is Kiron Kher. Abhishek ( it seems he’s the man all girls dream off ,eeew, but in reality he doesn’t exist) is married to loos Rani ( she reminded me of a bunny , ) and his father in the film is AB . Seating arrangements : AB is sitting at the head of the table, on his right is AB junior, to his left is Kiran Kher . Next to Kiron is Preity. Sitting next to AB junior is the bunny Rani and at the other end opposite AB is Shahrukh with a grim look. Everyone has a glass of champagne,sip sip slurrrrrrrrrp/ AB : I have an announcement to make . Silence AB : I’m getting married . AB junior chokes and spits his champagne ( superb acting ) Everyone is stunned and someone asks "who is the bride ?". AB looks at Kiron Kher and says AB: Why don’t you tell them ? Shahrukh gasps and spits his champagne….uhhahhahahaa…….well I thought it was funny. AB:”hahah just joking “.. all have smiles except Shahrukh. Ab taunts Shahrukh and says “ You don’t have a sense of humor “. They talk about the latest Animax toon flick “ Appleseed” and Shahrukh says something about love and goes on to confess that he likes Rani more than his wife Priety. All have shocked expressions. Shahrukh smiles and says :”Just kkkkkkidding .. see I have a sense of humor ". AB ‘s expression is awesome.. he’s dead serious and says.. “ good joke “ and keeps staring at Shahrukh. Go watch that scene. Hey I thought I saw Kajol make a guest appearance in one of the songs. Psst check out Rani's jewellery...oho.. Anyway moving on to the last part of the movie which is the last 60 minutes I kept clicking on the forward button and everyone seemed to be crying or breaking plates. The final verdict : Do watch it with lots of popcorn and please encourage your friends to give you a buzz while your watching the movie. It’s a slow movie and the more distractions you have the better you can enjoy it. Unfortunately I had a few nightmares and so to erase the memory of KANK, I watched Parichay (*ing Jumping Jack Jeetendra and Jaya). It was so soothing…….sigh* Later on in the day I watched Rangde Basanti and all the memories of KANK were washed away. Balle Balle …..

8 comments:

Divster said...

ur rangde basanti link isnt working.

Prashanth said...

Your nose is big enough that everything can go into it :P

Thanks for the review... I was thinking of watching KANK but now I'm sufficiently warned off (Kk's warnings don't count, we disagree on everything anyway!! )

Anonymous said...

hey vc, i watched KANK yesterday in theater, its not all that bad.
some of the lines were witty like
on the death bed, AB sr asks his son.
"Any message to MOM?"

-Saj

Anonymous said...

Oh yes SP, especially since its coming from a guy who watched Tango Charlie twice!

Vc said...

Div.. will sort it out..

Sp: its SO not your film :-)

Saj : Hey from when have you started visiting my blog ? Yep some witty lines dude.. and hey how abt that line when AB is with that blonde and he introduces her to ABjunior and says " yeah teri honewali Maa " uhahhahahaaaaaaaaa he faints ..alva...

Kk it was just once ( shudders ) and not twice !! Stop making baseless allegations.. pattar ... drummer, guitarist..... hehe

satishds said...

yappa..KANK..adu hengaadru nodidyo

Anonymous said...

Easy kano ..i could fast forward it :)

Prashanth said...

C'mon kk... Vc and I may both be looooos, but at least we are looooos in the same way :)