Wednesday, May 2

"Sometimes I wonder if men and women really suit each other. Perhaps they should live next door and just visit now and then." - Katharine Hepburn

An anthology of random thoughts.. . After 6 months of harmony ( parents on a long visit to meet and play with the kid, grandson)..and being a normal uncommitted and free dude, I have to get back to my old habits of watching " kyun ki.." soaps and eating radish sambhar…....naaaaaahi....Gulp !... What have I been doing all these months ? What will my mom find when she comes home this Saturday , apart from the leftovers from the covert wild African Baganda tribe "party" wink wink.Have to send the lioness back home .. Well, firstly she will find that my little collection of Dvd's has increased disturbingly. I now have around 300+ awesome titles.. In addition, some 40 odd books are lying all around my room. Any takers ?? She will find that I still don't know which container contains "rice ".I think its in one of the big steel dabbas..i hope...and thankfully the floors are spotless :) and smell of Niligiris ..I found this new floor cleaner and they make the floors sparkle , just like new. .and …ok ok ..I sound like a salesman. I have not "as promised" tampered with the pooja room, Pooja haiiiii..( cough cough). I will not have to worry about little things like.. did I lock the main door ( yep it’s a little thing) , did I switch off the radio ( on one occasion , it was running for 52 hours,non-stop …).Did I pay the bills ? Did I do this. Did I do that. ….uff Hold on chaakar aa raaha hai.. Things that I have learnt: 1. Monkeys are human too , even they have cravings for ice-cream and tender coconuts, not to mention my cream biscuits and banana chips. 2. An eligible bachelor is like a magnet to these “aunties” grrr… 3. You can keep the refrigerator door open for 8 hours but you cannot transform the floor into a skate rink . 4. Never eat at the same hotel for 3 continuous days… 5. You can skip dinner almost everyday… 6. Always have “Sprite “, oranges and potato chips at your disposal (of-course it’s for the monkeys). 7. You can watch 4 movies at a stretch. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ I was looking at this website and was “trying”, in vain ,to fill up a form and was stuck with one of the questions : Complexion : very fair, Fair, Wheatish, Wheatish medium, Wheatish brown and dark What the @#$@#$ is wheatish ??and wheatish brown ?? medium ?aaaaaaaaaaaaargh And under Lifestyle you have Diet : Veg ,eggetarian, Occasionally Non-Veg, Non Veg, Jain, Vegan Ocassionally Non veg ?? What type of category is that ?? Personality ….i didn’t know what to say or rather write ..I said something weird ..and then the next hurdle was Family background. ..eh ? ….. I looked over a few profiles and was aghast . These prospective brides knew exactly what they wanted, down to the “grooms” fingernails ( 0.125 cms only). Thank God I cut my nails yesterday. It was a weird experience , and it left me in a daze. On top of that as I am a typical indecisive Libran , I didn’t want to make that plunge into the deep abyss called marriage.. Can’t I have a live-in relationship with Jennifer Lopez or Preethi Zinta ? I realize that I am not as serious as I should be , maybe I’m just that free falcon, flying around the hilltops …….and I think I abhor the word prospective partner GRR……… ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ I am acquainted with a lil girl who is a 3rd year Medical Student and whom I have nicknamed Lanfear ;) . The other day she had a small accident. Here’s my version of what happened… It’s 6am and she was riding her scooty to GOD knows where and quite obviously staring at the poster of ERAGON and no doubt dreaming about flying around the dragon. It seems she was suddenly blinded by a SUMO and some dude on a bike who was doing 10kmph ( 1 km more than her) suddenly materialized in front of her( in the wrong side) and she banged into him. Her pink colored scooty ,went for a toss or in other words skidded 5 meters and stopped on the other side of the road. By now, a small crowd had gathered. Here’s where it gets interesting.She parks her vehicle and runs to this dude, flashing her ID Card and shouting ..”I am a doctor I am a doctor “and ofcourse everyone makes way ,but keep pointing at her knees. She asked, no wait..wannabe doctors don’t ask they “enquire”.So she enquired if he was alright and then gave him a nice chatpatta tongue lashing…incidentally she was not wearing her helmet. Thank God the dude was middle aged and not some hunk or else she would have wanted to test out, last week’s mouth-to-mouth respiration techniques. Eeeeeeeew ;)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finallyyyy....your poor akka pakka manevaru must have gotten tired of calling 100 right..as abt the live in..Puhleeez get ur mom to read this post..she will surely have lots to say :)

Anonymous said...

About the live-in bit- the only monkeys will agree to live-in , that too as long as there is ice cream

Anonymous said...

vc, the uncle......3rd year medical student is lil girl....isn't it....:):):)....
take care of the lil things ha!!!!
-BF

Prashanth said...

Why do you call her Lanfear??

Kirthi said...

This is so Vee-ishtyle...loved it totally. esp what you do when your mom is away....remember the last time you did a post like that way back in 2004?

Anonymous said...

dude grow up! start being responsible! don't jsut simply get marrie dto soem girl and spoil her life! when u have ur family u need to pay bills think radio main door kids etc etc. u cannot expect ur mommy to take care of u through out ur life nor ur wifey. have some humanity and GROW UP before u get married. no point pointing ur fingers (as u have no nails ) at others stop expecting ur wifey to do everything wjile u sit and watch Tv!! "Libran" ask me abt it! heights of stubborn ness and heights of laziness. neither do tehy undersatnd and do things nor tehy listen to others

Anonymous said...

Excuse me ..are you on Cerelac too?

and for your KIND info..wait who are you ?