Friday, May 11

They seemed to come suddenly upon happiness as if they had surprised a butterfly in the winter woods. ~Edith Wharton

My life is back to normal ..no more late nights L no more Hotel ka Khaana. Oh! the other day ,my BIL and yours truly were at the airport to receive my parents. We waited and waited and we being young were distracted by the “other” passengers ,excluding the air-hostessessssss and that lil kid. Damn I should go more often to the airport..it’s so funny, people running screaming swearing hugging falling down ..doing everything under the tubelight and all this in front of 63 cab drivers. And there I was, waiting patiently…I get a call from Mom ..they went right in front of us and they thought I was a cab driver..cough cough..we sort of…were engaged in “other activities”. She comes home and looks around, and finds the house NEAT ( beams). 2 hours later, I was thinking of sending them back to US of A… My parents were suffering from jet lag and so were running around the house like kids, unpacking , cleaning, shouting aaaaaaaargh. The next day she calls up all our relatives and tells them that the house is a MESS ( grrr) 3 inches of dirt. Ofcourse that was because of the bore-well that the apartment folks were digging. Not my fault, is it ? She’s got lots of choki’s for me..but no liquor chokis L and a box of dry fruits. I munch and dance to the tune of Nelly Furtado’s latest song “Promiscuous”..when I see a MADE IN INDIA sticker……..UUhahhahahhaha she went 2000+ kms to get a box of dry fruits which were most probably exported from Mangalore..uahahhahaha. Cough cough …after that episode, she doesn’t let me anywhere near the dry fruits.. ..me and my big mouth. Oh the latest about the kid Sid. He loves to take bath and especially loves the mirror ( kids !!) .My mom calls out “ Siddu time for your bath” and I think she rings a bell or something..and he crawls from under ( god knows what ) and heads to the bathroom,giving her a loos grin. He loves to watch television, especially the local Kannada News. It has this boootiful news reader and it seems he just stares at her. The logic or do I say the baby logic here is that the kid thinks that she is talking to him and only him !! undivided attention ;) This kid knows his curves, he goes goo goo gaa gaa over Ash’s song from Guru..megha re… The list goes on …

No comments: