Wednesday, June 6

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.uhahahaa

We recently celebrated “Sports day” @ office and I was incharge of selecting and procuring the “ trophies” .After the ordeal I swore never to “volunteer” for any official function,even if the chief guest happens to be Cindy Crawford ( psst haven’t seen her in years, hope she’s alive, if you see her, could you please give her my *cough cough*).
It all began with the director nominating me for the @#$@#$@ Sports Committee .All I wanted was a chess competition and a cricket tournament but NO ..all the women folk ( all 2 of them) wanted throw ball and some other weird events , I think one of them was tailing the donkey…eeww
And then they threw in the moth balls….aaah..I meant the H bomb, “Let’s organize a Sports day”, yeah right! in 4 days. But as always we took up the daunting task of arranging a fun day for 200 people Jobs were allotted and I was given the objective of buying the “prizes”. Armed with a “visiting card” of a gift store , i was asked to buy something suitable. Needless to say the first attempt was *cough cough and I had to return them. :)
But I was successful in my second attempt and it left me exhausted. I am very bad at haggling aaaargh... and these Mamulpet fellows just love to hike the rates when the hear the word "Corporate".
Anyway the D day arrived and the event was a grand success, but the moment of the day came when we the organizers played against the winners of the cricket tournament. We elected to field and were blasted all over the field . Then it was our turn and uahhahhahhaa they didn’t even bother running behind the ball it was vanishing from the ground.I loved the look the Director gave me when I blasted him for 4 consecutive boundaries….then I remembered that we had our Quarterly meeting the next day ( today) and I had to block the next to balls grrrrrr…batting main be politics……how I wish I could have blasted it over the boundary.
The other loos events where the 100 mts dash, a sack race, lemon and spoon ( eeeeew) , 3 legged race ( puuuf) and throwball.Ofcourse everyone loved the tug of war, damn couldn’t take snaps of the weird expressions..Overall it was a grand success with 50% of the people taking the next day off because of cramps..thu thu…

No comments: