Monday, December 24

A lurking pun is the worst pun, one the offender has been waiting to spring on you. ~Harry Mahtar

 

 I think I had one of those perfect days.

 

 I had to get some documents attested by a gazetted officer and I went to the Local Vet nary Hospital ( yep , I got vaccinated there ,,grrr) ,but unfortunately the seal was misplaced and they asked me to go to the local government school, which was right next door. I went to the office room to find 2 elderly ladies, gossiping about Miss Sheela ( cough cough) , I showed the originals and she obliged by attesting the duplicates. Since the numbers of copies were more than 10, they had ample time to interrogate me.. Where do I stay , Where do I work , Am I married , Which School did I study and so on and so forth until,this cute little boy, in shorts and a nataraj pencil came in and said “ Excuse me miss, will you take class today ? “  , ( sigh* I think it’s the only profession where ladies as old as 84, with 21 grandchildren are still  called miss) .

 

Oh I did take a snap of the school and a kid looked at my blue googles and said “ ..oye look Chiranjeev glasses “( Uhahhhhahahhahaaa).

 

I then made my way to the local BDA office and surprisingly it was clean and “empty” .After a few enquires, everyone was so polite, I found myself before “ Mr Gowda” , who explained the procedure of how to get a “kaatha” transferred ( tax thing ) . Since I didn’t have the required documents he suggested that I drop by next week and he went out of his way to promise me to get it done ASAP.( keeping my fingers crossed, its one of those line items that I have to complete before the year ends,…gulp ..)

 

In the afternoon, I tagged along with my cousin and bil, she had to write an exam and I was the only one who knew where the “centre” was and so I became , yet again, the navigator. The exam was at 2pm and we went at 2.20pm, at was already decided that she would stay for 30 minutes and walk out with the “question paper” ;) and this college building is so weird ..the room allotted was 422 and obviously it’s on the 4th floor ,but where @#$@#$ was 22 ?? I could find 15 and next to it was 28 …aaaaaaaargh and then in a dim passage I spot 422, yep reminded me of what was that HP platform, 9 and 3 quarters ? .It seems as she entered the hall, people were getting up to leave. weird.. shakes his head…

 

Later we went to do some “Ceramic Vitrified tile” shopping ;) and that was fun ;) ( censored*)  and I even took some cool snaps of the sunset.

 

It’s amazing what you can see if you just watch the balconies, I spotted 3 girls playing “House House “ , a gentleman taking down the clothes from the clothesline and folding it in an orderly fashion.( OH COMEON IT WAS A SAREE),and this little kid playing hide and seek with his mom, a group of workers taking a break , smoking a beedi , yep just one, they were passing it around. Sigh*

 

Oh I even went to the police station ;) . My bil’s passport had expired and they had called for verification and I found myself in front of a “writer” , who asked some weird questions.I also witnessed this incident, which had me smiling , I don’t know why but it was damn funny, it was as if we were the audience…

 

Constable 1: Sir, Murthy from head office called twice about that @@#$# file.

Senior: (chewing pan and looking at his mobile) “If he calls again and even if I’m here, tell him that I am not in office”. (Looks at me)

Writer’s cell phone rings , throws the pen down and grabs the phone and looks at us …( I look at the ceiling and walk out to read the notice board)

 

The notice board has a “missing “ notice, a cute girl smiling back at me , I read on and find that she went to college on Dec 3rd and never returned..ouch*  , A beware of the “ Baba” notice and some weird murderer on the prowl thing which I ignored. ( Nope I didn’t find and was not looking for my photo on the notice board ) …. I still believe that there are just 2 places on earth, which make me shudder, the hospital and the police station.

 

The writer scribbled something on a paper and asked my bil to sign it…and then he said “ done “, we got up , thanked him. He gave us “the look” , I gave him my best smile :) and waited patiently. My Bil was looking at the writer and then at me. Sigh* I decided to put the writer out of his misery and asked my bil to pay him some money… Aaaaha you should have seen his smile aaaaaaaaha .. Sigh* we bribe people.PERIOD.

 

I was thinking of going out to catch a movie, night show , but then I saw the “house full” board and so I went home and watched “ High School Musical”  :) as Dee says , “its cute”. Psst if anyone tells you to watch D-wars also known as Dragon wars, give them 1 tight pattar ..and ask them..”Hello where is the dragon” ..grr grr…

 

1 comment:

myths said...

Couple of things:
1) How JOBLESS were u????? You read all your archives (self-dabba pattern emerging here) , you posted like a record number of posts in a day, wats happening Vc?
2)You can peep into a dozen lives from teeny-weeny terrace but Gail cant see a couple of Roark's buidings from his high rise (has to be) office! :-P
3) Chiranjeevi ?? Did you get those children to put on those blue go(o)gles of urs ? I mean, they were definitely not seeing clearly were they. Or hold on, if I put that another way, you have the same fashion sense as chiranjeevi is it ;)
4)Perfect days seem so nice alwa sigh* May the new year bring in all happy days for you :)