Friday, November 25

Avada Kedavra!

So what do you do on a week-night? Sleep? Naaah…lets go for a night show. That’s exactly what I did. Watched Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire, 9.30 pm , on a week-night. If you know who Wormtail,Sirius Black and Tom Riddle are then you will enjoy the film, else I'm afraid you'll be wondering what the Hell is going on . The film has quite a few breathtaking scenes but a movie can never ever replace the book. The director has tried to fit in all the important scenes but still....If you've read the book then you'll remember how Rowling aunty gave us a blow by blow report on how the contestants completed the 3 tasks, these aspects are missing in the film. The scenes where the Dragon chases Harry around Hogwarts is really cool.I don't think I imagined it to be so “dangerous”. It even scared that little girl in the audience. I was watching these 2 characters with interest : Professor Snape and Draco Malfoy..hmm.. and Oh! the little Kid..what was his name.. he keeps looking at Harry as if he's some sort of hero..Nigel ?? he was funny.. You remember the "Ball" ..psst I was taken aback when it ended with a ROCK song !! The final face-off between Harry and "you know who" reminded me of the “Star Wars” light saber duels.. wrooooom wrooooom... The main features of the film were the sound and visual effects. So all you HP fans go watch the movie and be ready to use that magic wand. For the first half of the film all I could think of was “Why don't these guys get a hair-cut?”. Oh Sajjan , Please don't watch the film, no offence- you won't understand it.. Nor will the Yorkshire rippers !!!

21 comments:

Divster said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vc said...

Yep you better read the book before watching the film. :)

Prashanth said...

No fair! No fair at all... I should be seeing HP4 waaaaay before 27-year old long-nosed software engineers x(

No company for going to the cinema *sigh* poor poor me...

Vc said...

Uhahahhaha .. what happened to all your GF's ?

Divster said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Did you just say yorkshire?? I am offended. In any case, I am from Pune! :P And just how old was the little girl?

Vc said...

3yrs. During the intermission we saw her dancing :). Oh and did i mention about that other girl who was hmmm hmm.. she even moved her feet to let me pass...

Anonymous said...

Saj : " let me pass" ka matlab.. eh.. give way..

Have a great weekend guys and girls.. well no one is around...lallalalla..alallal ...

Vc

Prashanth said...

Yeah right... like I own a factory that provides GFs at the click of a button... what to do, I am not as charming as you, Vc ;)

Jagadish said...

:D...should be a good watch ! ..although i was pretty irritated with micheal gambon in the 3rd movie and do not expect a radical improvement in his acting skills as dumbledore in this movie either. I'd rather prefer gandalf instead as dumbledore. my memory fails me, was there any quidditch match held in the 4th book ? i guess no, will need to check that. That game is one hell of an imagination :)...

Anonymous said...

Sp ..ooooooh everyone knows about your "orkuting" :) Vc gives a sinster laugh...

J: U must be kidding.. the Q world cup//portkey // Go go read it at once... hmm.. I think i'll go watch it again with Anand...

VC

Jagadish said...

hey VC, of course the Q world cups there. what i meant was if there was any Q matches held at Hogwarts in the 4 year ?...i'll probably go on sunday, if it stops snowing here ;).

Divster said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vc said...

J:Aah apart from the Q W Cup .. no games kanappa.So did u watch the film ?

Hello DIV, Barbie and strategy( Vc tries to keep a straight face ). I hope SP doesn't read that comment... ( Uahahahhaaa )..oops sorry .. Kya kare control nahi hotha... Barbie and strategy..... uhahhahaaaaaaaa

Prashanth said...

Good Lord... tell me I didn't see those two words in the same sentence!

SP shakes his head to clear a vision of Barbie playing bridge... Yikes! The sorceress casting the spell in Age of Wonders looks suspiciously like a Barbie doll... SP bangs his head against the wall... Aaarrrgghhh... the swordsmen in Civilization 4 have turned into Barbies...

Haaaaaalp!!! (SP faints in righteous indignation)

Anonymous said...

Naaaaaaaahi .. Spppppppppeeeeee... someone Call 911....

Jagadish said...

i missed it this weekend too; colleague gave haath :( ... thanksgiving had its toll on me...braving chilly winds to no avail...went in and got two alarm clocks ! :D...that much for my shopping !..people though were buying stuff such as ethernet cards in sackfulls, as though it was some kind of manure !...

Vc said...

Ethernet cards . Hmm.. So you are not a PC geek ? A gadget freak ?

Black friday and the Christmas season ..... sigh*

Hey do watch HP GOF soon dude.

Kirthi said...

Div my dear girl, the rule out here is never say a word when these nutcases talk gibberish about some blah-di-dah fancy dinosaur. If at all you want to 'kalachify' their talk, add some spunky sarcasm to it. And never mention barbie with GI-joe!

Jagadish said...

i am not a gadget freak, and definitely not a pc geek...my idea of fixing a bug is hiding it :D...that much for my coding :D... try-catch was the best invention ever. I try, it catches :D..

oh yes, will make sure to watch it this weekend...

Anonymous said...

well I am both a Gadget and a PC Geek.. something to do with my Greek ancestory ...::)

Vc