Monday, January 30

"Arre ise to Hindi aati hai".

Disclaimer : This post is written for the sole purpose of making Mr. Sajjan"wheatish complexion on warm sunny Indian days" Rao jealous. It was a sultry Saturday afternoon , just like any other day. Location " Vaibhav" the AC theatre. Me and a friend of mine bargained and got 2 tickets for the film Rang de Basanti for Rs 200 ,the original being a mere Rs 60.I thought it was for the balcony turned out it was for second class seats.Oh well!,Bloggers can't be choosers. "Khoon jo ab na khaula woh khoon nahi paani hai Jo desh Ke kaam na aaye bekaar woh jawani hai.. " That's how the film starts and I was stunned for 35 seconds,no not for the amazing way Aamir delivers it or the inner meaning of the words but the whistling and screaming .... aaah.... it’s great to be in an Indian theatre. We were seated in the middle of the theatre and were surrounded by a rowdy "teenage" crowd, who apparently loved the onscreen swearing and cursing .By God! they even clapped a few times. Of course as usual we had a couple of rows of college girls who could quite easily have replaced Neve Campbell in Scream. What can I say about the film ,it’s colorful, and it’s musical but alas could not hear the dialogues because of the crowd... grr they were screaming. So planning to go again :) The crowd just loved Aamir whose name is DJ in the film, after 2 hours I found out that it was Diljeet Singh. If you want the story go read the reviews posted by other blogs.go go. Saala ..time paas keliye aatha hai .. ( Forgive me.I'm still in that"tapori" mood). Do listen to the songs of Rang de..I must say it is quite pleasant. Especially the song "Paatashaala",you have got to see it to believe it. Rehman delivers yet again. Exceptional scenes NOT from the film: The trailer of "Kriss" aka Koi Mil Gaya-2 ,they show Hrithik (actually a shot of his biceps or is it Triceps) running and then a shot of Keanu Reeves,in black, flying ,it took me 12 seconds to recognize my mistake.It was not Neo but our very own Hrithik Roshan .Come on I couldn't think straight, that college girl was screaming her lungs out...uff Weird teenagers. My verdict: Go and watch it with your gang of friends and look out for that screaming girl in the 4th row. Chronicles of Narnia : I agree with Sp.. it’s for kids. King Kong : It was 9pm and after watching an hour of KK, I fell asleep to be suddenly awakened by a scream.. I thought I was back in the theatre ...thankfully I was home.The first half of the film was boring but it took a dramatic turn when King Kong arrives on the scene, yep more screaming.The film is directed by Peter Jackson (LOR) and the special effects which include KK fighting 3 dino's and saving the heroine is awesome. If you think it’s a remake of the old King Kong,you are in for a huge surprise. This new improved KK is like our very own kk.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha...

I dare not comment.. :-P

Anonymous said...

the best dialogue i like is

waaah.. badi soni hai yaar.. i mean its soo colddd yaar!

LOL!!

Prashanth said...

KK stands for King Kong?! Uahahahaaaa... ROTFL... hey kk, I'm at the other end of the world, you cant touch me >:P

Anonymous said...

Div ..oh the film has many such funny dialogues.. and he keeps calling Sue.. "that's the blonde chik" gulaabo ... hai ...

Sp yep KK stands for King Kong and small kk stands for...

Anonymous said...

This is so not fair...I hate all of you... especially u Vc..grrr
--kk

Anonymous said...

but but

Anonymous said...

tats right
im ready with my pillow.. lets charge!
AND if i get tired in between i can also sleep zz.. zz..

Vc said...

Not this week Aunties.. pls .. I am die-eating .. so a bit weak ...( vc picks up a cookie..)