Monday, May 8

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~Kahlil Gibran

My parents met Sachin Tendulkar at Kukke Subramanya (A beautiful and well known temple near Mangalore). My Mom was really excited and according to her, Sachin and his wife fell at their feet .I mean the priest’s feet.

Anyway for the past month all I have been doing is posting snaps instead of writing something meaningful (that is so not the right word ).So here goes nothing… It’s been a long time since I saw a really funny movie ,the last one was “Kung fu Hustle“ aaaaaaah Hai..Yu Hack Hook Pattar …and then yeterday I saw “ ICE AGE 2 : The Meltdown” If I was on the Oscar Board,“ Scrat the saber-toothed squirrel” would have received an Oscar for "never giving up". His fights with the glacier, vultures and the Piranah is just too funny.And when he does a " Tom Cruise style" hanging on the cliff with its tongue.. uff.. too good.

If you have the original Ice Age DVD ( most of mine are P*rated) you have this special segment on Scrat , in which the squirrel finds itself marooned on an island . Imagine its reaction when it finds a Coconut…a huge NUT . Ice Age 2 is one hell of a film and I would recommend it highly. No reviews required just go enjoy …. Simple things that made me go “hehe” · Dee’s friend “the cat” thinks I am funnier than Dee.. uahhahaha Dee is still green with envy. ( Vc grins) · You know how kk keeps saying that I have bad taste in music and I pick the worst films to watch.Guess which film she watched last weekend “ 36 China Town” uahahahhaaaaaaa · Anand was disappointed when he found that his latest Jackie Chan DVD collection, didn’t have subtitles. Imagine his reaction, when I pointed out that the actors were talking in English. · Nowadays the chat with my sis is more “Sid “ oriented,yep it’s all about her 20 day old son. It seems this tiny toddler, already has an ear for music. When he throws a tantrum, my BIL puts on some music and Sid raises one eyebrow and gives this weird expression, which my sis interprets to be “ Where is that music coming from ?” In reality the kid is thinking “ Duh!! My parents are so weird, Vivaldi and Bach.. eew..I want Himesh Reshammiya’s -Naam hai Tera Teraaa , Daddy Yankee’s Gasolina and Shakira’s - Hips Don’t Lie .”

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehehe

awww siddduuu cuttiii [:p]

Kirthi said...

Grrr. I am never ever going to tell you about my weekend escapades again. Oh well it comes down to this: My friend's comments on the movie were more funny than the movie itself. People were thinking that we were genuinely enjoying the crappy movie except that we were laughing at all the wrong times.

satishds said...

i too watched ice age 2...super maja banthu. and one more movie i thoroughly enjoyed is "darna mana hai" !!!....supposed to be a horror movie but i laughed my heart out....it was soo funny and entertaining

Vc said...

psst sats its " Darna zarooori hai" alva :) and will watch it soon,,

Div stop calling him cuttii ..:)
and no u cannot play with him.

Kirthi ..dont you dare change the subject.I know you enjoyed that film..hehe uhahhahahhaahaaaaaaaaaaa


Gassssssssssssolina.. alallallala lal allaa

Vc said...

Satish can i call u sats ? :)

Divster said...

NO! u may call him Tish [:P]

Anonymous said...

Tish ?? eeeeeeeeew... Sats is so much better.

Divster said...

Kukke subramanya is my all time fav mandir of karnataka...i loved both the temples that is ikkarai and akkarai..(two banks of the river)

and walking on the pebbled road leading to the other small subramanya temple was really...painful..but worth it![:)]

Anonymous said...

wow ?? u have been to subramanya ? this is news to me..... my atte stays near the temple and a cousin of mine works at the temple..

Divster said...

also love the thousand pillar temple.

Divster said...

SATS reminds me of US reminds me of those painfully stupid exams called S.A.T (scholarship attitude test)

Enigma said...

:) was wandreing around and came across ur posts :) good one indeed.
Kukke Subramanya temple is a very soothing place.

btw ur blogs name si really funny

Jagadish said...

:D....now i got what u meant when u said "gassollina" :D...kukke subramanya ge hogo daari nalli ond nadi hariyathe ala...its too good that place :)..cant recall the name though

Vc said...

div : what's wrong with you ? nostalgic ?

Lo jaggu even you have been there ? wow and lo Gassssssssolina song kelu super loos agide :)

enigma: Hi there.. my blog title keeps changing :)

satishds said...

sats..tish..stupid exam called S.A.T :((...yaakro nanna hesara jothe aataadthira !!!

satishds said...

Tish !!!...yappa...u can call me saty :-]

Anonymous said...

Lo sap satishaaa.. karthik ello?

bejaar madkolbedvo..Satish antha karthivi saaka...( Let see Satish Ryhmes with.. )

Anonymous said...

Grr commenting in Kannada translate translate.

Anonymous said...

Translation: Div is so ... and so.. and so so.. but so . so .. so ..

Enigma said...

namskara sir. houdu adu naane

Anonymous said...

psst enigmaaaaaaa who is "sir" yaaru?

Enigma said...

nope i donno u n u donno me :)

satishds said...

karthik is absconding nowadays..extremely busy in work paapa.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sats .. howda..che..irli..

engima welcome to my blog..:)

Jagadish said...

enappa artha "even u have been there" andre ?...olley shock aadange :P...bus nalli hogiddu, so kaleduhogilla :D