Monday, October 1

He came like the wind, like the wind touched everything, and like the wind was gone. ...

I just read that Robert Jordan passed away. He is/was the author of one of my favourite epic series " The Wheel of Time". I remember buying the book “ The Eye of the World”,a couple of years ago, forked out Rs 350 and was patient ( I trusted Sp ;) and his recommendations)for the first 6 chapters ,the pace was slower than a snail’s marathon. It was a hot day and I was reading the 7th chapter , when my small world exploded , I think I must have gasped, for my fellow passengers were roused from their slumber . Yes, I was in the office bus and yep, the driver had to evict me from my seat :(. Since then I have been a staunch follower of the series and I loved every book, some were so exasperating that my head hurt and I couldn’t sleep for days. (Sleep in the day, that is..) After reading book 2 and 3, back to back , I was hooked like a cookie on a webpage.I needed an excuse to buy book 4 . It was a lazy Sunday eveing and it was Anand’s birthday and Voila !! , I had my excuse. I literally flew to the nearest Gangaram’s ( unfortunately, that is that only book stall open on Sunday’s) and grabbed the book, before that lady in pink, could pick it up.I was really on the verge of sanity( nope no spelling mistook). I wished Anand, a happy birthday, presented the book, counted till 10, smiled and grabbed it back ,promising to give it back at the earliest. Before the clock struck 9.( No I am not a vampire), I was back home . I have had ample opportunity to save all the books in pdf format, but I believe that a work of fiction should be read from a book and so now I have the complete series …maybe I’ll pass it on to someone who shares the same passion as me…” Still looking…are you the one ? “ . It has been difficult to get my hands on all the books, since not all the bookstalls sell “Fantasty fiction”. Oh I almost forgot, the last and final book, Book 12 , has not be published, but we the reader’s are looking forward to reading it. PS : If you think Rowling Aunty has/had a huge fan following, think again. May Robert Jordan rest in peace…… If you find someone with this engraved on a t-shirt , you will have found me ….;) The rose petal floats on water. The kingfisher flashes above the pond. Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death. ….but who can know the heart of a man? Not even he himself, I suspect. A man is the easiest animal to put on a leash, and the hardest to keep leashed. Even when he chooses it himself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

loos

Anonymous said...

Psst how was ur date? ;)

Anonymous said...

suggest me some good ***** book to read...
-BF

Prashanth said...

There aren't any women in India who read fantasy fiction. I checked ;)