Monday, January 21

For the love of GOD !! Stop hugging the ball ;)

I had the rare privilege of watching a “Throw ball tournament” and boy did I have fun :) uahhahahhaaaaaha. It was a ladies tournament and I was sort of the official photographer. Well Sita ( name changed , well she did threaten to break all my 206 bones and psssst she’s strong ) wanted me to cheer her team and so on a hot Saturday morning, I found myself watching a bunch of girls throwing and catching a ball .., well I know its "throw ball" but I was taken aback when I overheard them discussing “strategy” and who the weak link in the opponent's team was and the fact that they should target girl number 10 who was not good at catching the ball. Me being Me.. I even pointed out to the ladies that I found it weird that they could even think about this stuff...ahem ahem..If looks could kill, I would have been chopped and marinated for the local crows. ( gulp) For more rules on the unknown game…http://www.batss.org/thorowball_20Game_rules.htm Some of the rules that I learnt on the court was : You can and have to catch the ball with your fingers/palms No wrists No rolling the ball No 3 girls in the same straight line No jumping and catching the ball No jumping and throwing the ball Definitely NO HUGGING THE BALL Stuff I caught “girls” doing on the court : Polishing nails Use the mobile to call mommy, to update her on the scores Ogling at the guys standing at the sidelines Ogling at the girls playing Commenting on the way the KF team was dressed ;) Applying Fair and Lovely Applying lip balm and Occasionally spraying MOVE The team that I was supposed to cheer was supported by 3 other people (including the 2 extra players) but they did win the first 2 matches comfortably . Unfortunately Sita broke a broken finger nail and was sad,nope not because of the finger nail,but the fact that she didn’t play as per her expectations. I think she was trying too hard and not enjoying the game. ( after a round of encouragement and a pat on the shoulder , she played really well ;) ) Well after the first match I was a bit bored and then ...they arrived.Praaaaamapaaaaaaaaaaaara dressed in red, the KF team. They looked a bit tired; I bet they just came off a flight. If all the other teams wore track suits (local colors) and they just came to play, these young dare devils in red shorts were dressed to play :) .Well they did play well, especially the captain Asthma (name changed) she had a weird serve. She just threw the ball high up in the air and it took a looooooooong time to come down and the opposition usually goofed up when they tried to catch it. The twin sisters (something to do with the twin towers and nothing to do with legs) were the star attraction. The other "teams" were jealous of them, no no not because of the fact that the twins wore "makeup" and “eyeliner” but the fact that they hugged each other after every point..uahhahaaaaaaaaaaaahaa Girls!! Uff Back to the game.,well our team did win 2 games and moved on to the Semi Finals.I was a bit apprehensive about cheering.. all the encouraging words I know are shown below and which cannot be used in this scenario. Comeon GUYS , Beauty dude, Lovely catch amigo Maccha move in, Watch the ball,watch the ball &#$*#*$# what do you think you are doing !! Watch his hands Watch his legs (imagine me shouting..watch her legs ;) uahhahhaaaaaaaaaahaha ) Guys lets go for the kill. Well I did say " Lovely" just once when Sita returned a serve and I got a hard look from one of the extra players...(sniff) So I decided to be on the safer side and I smiled and kept my mouth closed for the rest of the game. The 3rd match was a humdinger and unfortunately my team lost :( , and I did some analysis and found the root cause for the failure. It was because these "coding" engineers had always taken a good siesta after a hearty lunch and on Saturday they actually took a 30 minute break by sprawling on the pavement( Duh!!) Oh and the fact that the other team were targeting our team's "weak" players could also have been one of the factors. They were disheartened after the loss but were informed that they could actually play for the 3rd place. Something is better than nothing :) I was hoping to see my team play against the KF team,alas..it didn’t materialize and HELLO I would have supported my team ..duh !! So the next day ( Sunday, yep I was there too) they did win (it seems they changed the strategy, ahem ahem) but the truth is that I winked at the opponent team captain and she lost her concentration and so...you get the picture right...Psst the KF team actually lost on Sunday,even though they had a lot of support , especially the 8 dude’s from the other court,the guys playing the volleyball match, yep they were cheering them on…. So over the weekend I had pleasant nightmares : Girls screaming MINE MINE, ( of course they were talking about the ball and not me) Service ma, beauty ma , cover her cover her,and of course the whistles ( girls of course) Stuff that I Overheard: One of the girls who was playing shouted this to the girl who was serving: Can you please finish the game fast? I am worried about my complexion! Can you stop ogling at the KF team and cheer our team ?!! Refreeeeee time please, I broke a nail !! Encouraging words not to be used in a Ladies Throw ball tournament: Come-on girls, break a finger nail Can you please Stop Hugging the ball ;) By the way Sita was one of the best players and I am proud of her ;) pssst the refree actually asked her which team she played and all..gotha..gotha..( beams) I just went through the pics and I was surprised to find so many good shots and I’ve been invited for the next outing in the month of MARCH :) ……..haiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii haiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hai Haiiiiiiiiiiii Main mar java.
Well, thanks for passing the info about the game to a lot of people, you know... after Chak De, it seems lots of girls turned up wanting to join the hockey team.While I know you aren't Shah Rukh Khan(duh!) , maybe this will help :) alwa!
Gosh, so much mention of eye line and lip balm and complexion, I dint know that game was THAT girly :-P
and ha, ladkiyon's se panga mat lena, nahi to nothing will be left for the local crows also aitha ;)
I know you are all excited about seeing the KF girls in March, but I cant promise you they will come , you know that na ;)

Anonymous said...

LOLOLOL

(wipes a tear)

Too good, Vee. Too good a description. I am going to laugh myself to bed now. Cheers.

SP

Anonymous said...

I apologise for not formatting the post ..grrr.. and Yo!!are you threatening me ?? and hello i dont play with girls ( rule number 3.28, subsection 9q)adike i..you know..addee..addu... SRK is old..duh ..and he has 6 pack and all..and all i have is a ligament tear :)
Damn i didnt write about the girls swearing bit ..che che ..maybe i can sneak it in :)

KF naahi tho Deccan hee sahi ..you never know what the future holds alva.. i might be the refreee uahhahhahaaaaaaa..


Sp, ;) thanks for dropping by and thank you for recommending the book to kk, i got it yesterday :)

Anonymous said...

VC and his writings....i really liked this.....:)) can't control :)) :)) :))

- BF

Anonymous said...

Hi Bf. .sigh...where are you ??

and can i call you something else ? like pink pencil eraser ??

Anonymous said...

no no no.....shakes your head :)
Only BF OK!!!
- BF