Monday, October 4

Elephant Stories ....

Met all my friends at RB's place,yesterday . Here's what Sajjan had to say . Sajjan : So last week I went to Ranganathittu with my office colleagues. That evening , we came across a baby elephant standing right in the middle of the road . My colleague started honking at it. The baby elephant was a bit terrified, angry and surprised .It started making grunting sounds gurrr gurr. Thinking that its just a small elephant we tried to scare it. Suddenly we hear an angry trumpet . I think it was its mom. That scared the hell out of us. We vanished in 2 seconds flat.Poof. Hehe ....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting story (sounds like a cartoon, hehe). I reckon elephants on the road would be better than colliding with a kangaroo that just happens to bound across the road while you're driving along it (in the country)... at least you have enough warning with the elephant or a cow. By the way, is it normal for elephants to be "pedestrians" (like it is for koalas, kangaroos etc in rural places over here)?
Nadera :-)

Vc said...

No , my young lady ,it is not .
We have a few wildlife parks in our State. I am still appalled that India is still known as the Land of Snake Charmers and Elephants .

In my 27 yrs, I have hardly seen a couple of snake charmer’s and just a few wild elephants ( Excluding my sister : ) ).

Watch out for my forthcoming article “ India , as I see it “. hmm