Wednesday, October 6

The Incident

Well this was in the year 1998 .We were on a HIFI, top secret academic project at the Indian Space Research Organisation. The satellite we were working on was IRS-P5 (CARTOSAT-1), Which had an improved sensor system that provides 2.5 m resolution with fore-aft stereo capability. The Indian Remote Sensing Satellite P5's mission was to cater to the needs of cartographers and terrain modelling applications . In those days I had to travel for 2 hrs, from one part of Bangalore to another, to get to ISRO.To while away time,I would always carry a novel with me.One of those days ,I was reading a Robert Ludlum book and I was really captivated by the characters and the plot. I think it was the Matarese Circle . That evening , when I was returning home,I got on to a wrong bus and I landed up in another part of town.It was 7pm .I then had to catch 3 more buses to reach home. This so happens to be the infamous Banaswadi incident. Hah.

No comments: