Thursday, September 15

Change is good.

How do you feel after a tough day at appice? (Office) You are tired, your senses are down and eyelids are drooping, right? Last night, I was having a simple chat with my ex Manager. This was in the cab and we were discussing cricket, Tamil movies, (though I hardly know how to speak the language, I surprised him with my knowledge of movies) politics, Abhishek and hordes of other stuff. Suddenly out of the blue he says: Ex: You have a blog, right? Me: Me: Me: Me: (Silence) I was too stunned to speak. How the. ... Who the...? A colleague who was sitting next to me thought that I had fallen asleep and so gave me a nudge. Little did he know that I was staring at my ex-manager, with my mouth wide open. Me: Err... How do you know? Ex: (With a smile) Try guessing. Me: (I hate guessing, but fortunately I am good at it. I start racking my brains, its very small and compact, I meant my brain and so I found the answer.) Renith. Ex: Yes. (Renith was the first person to comment on my blog and maintains a Photography site. (Check it out http://photomaze.com). An ex-colleague , a superb photographer, who has won lots of awards , was on radio and thinks he’s Bangalore’s Papparazzi.He promised to take me along on his next model shoot , of course as a light boy. I think the " blog topic" came up a year ago and Renith had nonchalantly mentioned that I had a blog. ) A few other people, who were eavesdropping, turned to me and asked me: They : What's a log? Me: A log is a big piece of wood. Did you know as we speak some guy in Brazil is cutting a tree to make toothpicks? (Vc shakes his head; damn I should have been an actor). They :( Confused) No not log, Blog... yeah what's a blog? Me: A blog. Oh a blog. .... Wow check that superbike ( of course it had a hmmmmm hmm chick). I'm sure its a Ducati never seen one in this area. (Everyone turns around to take a look at the Ducati). The conversation soon turns towards Moto GP, Valentino Rossi ,Marco Melandri and Max Biaggi . I give a sly smile; maybe I should write a book titled " How to change topics in 2 minutes “.

5 comments:

Artful Badger said...

heh..funny post..
yes...it is embarrasing..my prof read my blog over the summer....i found out about it after it happened..and i couldn't really do anything about it...but i should be very careful about what i write about work..
or i need to get anonymous..

Anonymous said...

Yeah dude.. I agree..

Vc

Anonymous said...

Aha changing topics hmm? U never succeeded in doing that with me..coz I can smell that from 800 kms away :P
--kk

Anonymous said...

Thats why I dont write embarrassing things on my blog! No saying who will read it...
-SP

Jagadish said...

that's scary !

hell, 4 months ago some moron posted my blog link on the company BB. God knows what he had for breakfast. well, whatever he had, the effect of it was seen on me..dehydration was just a reason !...luckily my pm didn't see it, and went back to hyderabad...oh boy that was close !...