Wednesday, July 13

Hay bhagwan, meri jaan le le, aur munni ki jaan bacha de.

How many of you watch those Saas Bahu serials ?? No one ... Yesterday I was watching this serial called KavyaAnjali ( psst the main dude is called Kavya...eeewwww ). Anjali is throwing a party and surprise surprise.. Parvathi aunty from Ghar Ghar ki Kahani makes a special appearance. I check the big clock ( it's 57 years old and Made in London) its still 9 :40 pm.Wait wait .. enter that other lady .. her name is Pallavi in Ghar Ghar Ki Kahani but plays Mandira in Kyunki Saas . I was so confused I actually scratched my head. My mom who was kneading dough for chappathis .. explained that they are were all interconnected and that the characters from one serial jump or make special appearances in the other serials.Its like that book which had Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys teaming up. My mom thought I was interested and went on to explain why Pallavi was trying to kill Parvathi aunty. Fortunately I fell asleep, dreaming of Anjali .....

8 comments:

Sri said...

u seem to be following the K series soaps more than the indian women :)

and i was thinking Kavyaanjali is a Kannada serial by the Ekta kapoor house of soaps.

Vc said...

Holy Cow... Vc distributes ladoo..

My BIL dropped by after a lonnnnnnnnng time.. :)

Hello I fall asleep at 10pm... and Flash news Anjali is shot and is in the hospital...

Sri said...

btw, we do get Zee TV.. and very soon Udaya (and may be SUN).
will record all these soaps for you and mail them as DVDs :D

check the replies to a few more posts :)

Prashanth said...

I'll be glad to escape from these blasted Tamil and Telugu soaps that my Granma keeps watching. Hope my roomies there dont develop a taste for English soaps!

God! That was an alarming thought! Why do I think these things? Gives me nightmares even! Sheesh...

Sri said...

so u on ur way to getaway from K series soaps..
well face the "reality shows"
prime TV sucks everywhere with very few "good"(!?!) programs. i think the audience is facing a dearth of good TV/Film makers

Vc said...

Hey Sri , thanks for reading thru.. It's been 6 months since you commented ..erli erli ... After getting a 32 inch TV, you just kind of are lost..but as we know.. all that wander are not lost..what's Vidya doing ?

And you never read my Chow Chow post?? Holy cow.. you really have to get back online..

SP, don't worry English Soaps are arrrgh... hey aren't you coming to Bangalore this July ??

Anonymous said...

Uhahahha Vc sits and watches kannada soaps.. do they froth a lot more than the Hindi ones?

Vc said...

Hello i watch only 1 ... that's because it has this hmm hmm girl.

hah!! people are so....