Monday, July 11

To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become.

I'm tired . Had a hectic weekend which included calling "n" number of people , buying birthday gifts and a whooping 20 movies . Saturday I watched the "War of the Worlds" . What can I say go watch it. Evening we planned on getting some DVD's. I ended up buying 4 DVD's. 20 Clint Eastwood Classics which included The Good, the Bad and the Ugly,For a Few Dollars More,Where Eagles Dare,Hang 'Em High, Unforgiven, In the Line of Fire , Absolute Power ,The Rookie , Heartbreak Ridge,The Enforcer,Dirty Harry,Magnum Force , Fistful of Dollars , Escape From Alcatraz ,Million Dollar Baby. ( That's all I can remember ) . Now I have 27 Clint Eastwood movies. OMG. WHAT WAS I THINKING .. Vc shakes his head, the things I do. Swapped " bride hunting " stories with friends ..never knew it was so difficult and complicated :( Watched " Where Eagles Dare " an old movie , I still remember reading the book in the year 1989. Sunday : Roamed around a lot !! played cricket for 15 minutes. Had to pick up presents for Sajjan and my cousin sis and ofcourse book tickets for the movie DUS. Sajjan was late ( wonder what he did with the watch we presented last year ? ) and we missed the " Dus bahane song " .grrr...A weird couple sat next to me and their conversation was hilarious. They came in at 2.45 pm and asked me when the film started I said 2.30 . The uncle turns to the aunty and says " See because of you we missed 15 minutes ". Got to hear all the latest ring tones in the Theatre. The film was okish.. time pass.. The line " Will he kill him now " uttered by a small kid in the backrow was hilarious. After the movie we went to eat Pizzas.. I tried the "Borwnie with ice-cream".hmmmmmmmm.. slurp.. Oh as I said earlier I talked to so many people .. : A radio jockey :) Madz,Kirthi, HOH ,Bee , my sis ,BIL.. I even talked to some chick...alas it was a wrong number. SP,will call you soon. How come no-one remembers the song "lambi judai" from the Subhash Ghai film " HERO" ??? My only regret was not being able to meet Soumya ,ofcourse to pick up the Audio CD's .

13 comments:

Vc said...

Oh forgot to mention that I even managed to watch "Mr & Mrs Smith" and " Sky Captain and the World of Tommorow".

Over and Out.

Karthik CS said...

Man .. come on .. why dont you try meeting her .. atleast do u talk to her ???

Vc said...

eh ??
The question here is does a girl named Soumya exist ???

Prashanth said...

I saw War of the Worlds too this week. I was utterly unsurprised to hear that Kk hasn't read the book. Vc, have u read it?

Vc said...

Vc bows his head .. Nope..HG Wells...

SP,you know that girl Dakota Fanning, who plays Tom's daughter ... I wanted to give her a "pattar" everytime she screamed.

Self Writeous said...

Q. Wonder how Ashok Gurumoorthy would react to Prashanth's comments.....??

Ans. What else did you see Prashanth? :-p

*****

Howdy Mr.Allium cepa Pan Cake aficionado?

Kirthi said...

Vc how much energy did u spend on getting urself mentally prepared for the barrage of Phone calls?
Soumya hm hm hmm hmmm.

Anonymous said...

Ooh and when is soumya getting married?

Vc said...

OOh I was mentally drained after taking so many calls.

And when i saw "Allium cepa Pan Cake" I almost fainted..Couldn't deciper them for 30 mins. onion dosa's .....Oh lord they were so tasty.....

Soumya is .. hmmm..OMG.. I can't seem to recall her face.

Self Writeous said...

Winds of change have infected VC..eh?

The blog is beautifully coiffed, btw. Me likes :)

Vc said...

Winds of change have also affected my sensitive nose... Down with cold.. can i borrow a tissue ?

Pls pls..

Sri said...

vinc... seems like a lot of sowmya on ur blog :) k time to send the remaining cds and few more new ones..

good job on 20 dvds.. :)

Vc said...

who what ??? howdha ...