Monday, March 14

Vc the Postman.

WARNING: THIS MIGHT BE FICTION or IS IT ??? The following story is fiction and any resemblances to actual people and/or events are purely accidental . My BIL wanted me to drop off a few Cd's ( Yep just 30 odd , not much) at his friend's place. Her mom was scheduled to fly to California on Sunday . Bil's mom had prepared some dry snacks ( chakli ,kodbale ) so picked them and went to Vijayanagar. Called up this Uncle ( Who I have previously never met ) and asked for directions. Picked up a friend along the way for company. I thought it was a like any other " packet drop" ," pick -drop -vanish ", but this one was a bit different. So according to Uncle S's directions I waited for 24 min, in front of a beautiful yet small Ganesha temple .Turns out ,that locality had 5 Lord Ganesh temples and I was obviously at the wrong one :) . One more frantic phone call and he obliged by picking us up . After 5 left and 2 right turns we reached the destination. Once inside I pulled out the package and was all set to move on ,when I was forced to drink hot Badam milk in a huge tumbler ( Guys do you remember AnandSubbu's Tea cups :) ) and then this pretty girl comes in and introduced herself and we started talking. Please note : Beautiful is used as a superlative and is reserved only for Ash . Boy o Boy she was so open and frank , she's into software and had completed her Engg a couple of years back. I was seriously blown away . Oh and her mom was so cordial and homely .. ( is that right - homely ) Well anyway ,they were, I believe a typical Iyer family and their Kannada was so much better than mine. :( Oh and my sis called me when we were in the middle of a conversation abt pickles and I actually asked them to Excuse me !!! ( where did I learn that ??? ) and I said " Hi Vidya " and got 3 surprised looks .. It turns out their elder daughter's name was also Vidya :) At one point of time , Mrs S went in , brought out her specs , put it on and took a good look at me.. Man that was so embarrassing .. do you think she was checking out my NOSE ? :) And damn I actually forgot to comb my hair (thu thu .. ) My excuse : I did have a rough day .. and it was 7 .30 pm .. So wished Aunty a safe and happy journey and was off - feeling kind of elated... When my sis called me after an hour or so .. I jokingly asked who this girl was and her reply was " Hello ! she's already engaged " the original was " lo ! avalu yargo line hodithaedale anthe " . Does this happen to you, too ?? ===========================================

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give Moodevi some rest for sometime. :) You might just end up picking the wrong one!!
-KK

Vc said...

eh Madam.. This is fiction :)

Karthik CS said...

Fiction alla bidu VC..

Vc said...

Lo Devru .. My friends say i am the best fiction writer around gotha..

Karthik CS said...

Howda ... cool then

Vc said...

:) did i say it was fiction ?

Anonymous said...

non fiction!(^o^);;

Karthik CS said...

appa guruve .. what happened... blog .,.

Sri said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sri said...

and when on earth did you write this !!

sorry my(our) mistake, we (me and ur sis) shud catch up on ur blogs..

Enigma said...

he he thats bad :D u must have been soo disappointed!!!
u thought tht pretty girl fell for u? nah she was just amazed to look at ur nose:P