Monday, March 21

A pleasant surprise..

This friday I received a small envelope from Australia , which had a whooping 227 Australian and Papua New Guinean stamps.Took me 2 hours, on Saturday to study all of them. It had stamps from different categories from People , Transportation, Historical events, flora ,fauna and Sports ranging from 1967 to 2004 . My favourite has got to be the stamp commemorating lady Di's marriage to Charles . It simply is beautiful. Let me trace back .. I have this colleague in Australia , Miss A and I was asking her if she knew anything about the Papua New Guinean tribes, she said that another aunty Mrs F was from PNG and could help me with it .. So I sent a simple mail telling Mrs F that I had a few stamps from PNG and would like to know more about the place and culture. I got a reply which included " if you want I can send you a few stamps, My mom used to collect them ". I jumped on the chance and said" sure'. So after 12 days I get this package.. its a small collection in itself.. Sent out a small thank you note. ( Psst it seems Mrs F was glowing all day after reading my thank you note :) ).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, do you have any of the Kakadu National Park stamps (Australian stamps)? They're absolutely breathtaking... do look out for them if you already haven't. I've also been there for a holiday and the national park is just as scenic as on the stamps :-)
Your friend, Nadera.

Vc said...

Nadera.. thanks for dropping by.

Hmm will check again i think i have one from the National park.

Nadera are you into philately ?

Anonymous said...

I certainly am! Despite the fact that I haven't gotten around to it in a very long time (if I'm not studying, I'm at the computer *embarrassed face*), my collection of used stamps never ceases to grow :-)
Your friend, Nadera

Anonymous said...

Chaman, do you have any stamp with circular shape. Some gentleman at Talisma flicked mine