Tuesday, March 8

Who ???

Today at 8 am , I was caught jumping a traffic signal right in front of the chief minister's residence. The traffic constable spoke to me in Hindi ... and I was like " Guru Kannada baralva " ( which translated means "Don't you speak Kannada ?") ... I think that irked him. He gave me 2 choices.. either I get a receipt (Of Rs 200 , which I was supposed to pay in court) or I could pay a spot fine (without receipt) of Rs 100 . I haggled and brought down the amount to Rs 50 . All I had was 10's and I was counting the requested amount ,when he says "No counting, people are looking at us".. I smiled and deliberately slowed down ( where are the Rs 5 notes when you need them). Gave him Rs 40 all in small denominations. He said he was letting me off with the warning as today was Maha Shivarathri .... aaah. . Who do you blame for the corruption in our society ?Me ? or the chai pani traffic constable ? Of course its me :) ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definately you are the one to be blamed.
I am forwarding this post to Mr R. Kasturirangan Inspector General of police, Bangalore.

Vc said...

OOH ..Vc is scared hides under the desk...


FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.. drop your initials..

Vc said...

OOH Saj(Kiss with death) neena.. I just couldn't recognise you with that fake accent..Anyway Ok ok we all know you have a crush on the IG's 3rd daughter.. no need to brag about it..

Somepeople have all the luck :(

Enigma said...

:) you ofcourse who else?