Monday, June 12

"Har din Sach bholu to pitai aur aaj jhoot bolne par mithai."

A note to Mr. Priyadarshan, director of the film Chup Chup ke. Sir , I have seen almost all of your films including Hulchul , Maala Maal weekly and the recently released Chup Chup ke. A few questions on Chup Chup ke.. 1.Did the cast in the above mentioned movies sign a bond that they would act in all your films? (You see for the first 30 minutes I thought I was watching Maala Maal weekly but infact it was Chup Chup ke ...scared the hell-of-out me). 2.Why do you really like WHITE, is it because of the color or because it’s plain cheap?(All the men were in white, thank God the ladies were not clad in white). 3.The first song sequence was in the second half of the film.Why ? (No Naach Gaana ?? Hindi film and no songs..eeeew ) 4.Shahid Kapur’s liner ‘mujhe dhokebaaz mat kaho’ was amazing.( cough cough I don’t think he said anything else ..did he ?) . 5.Hats off for giving Rajpal Yadav an amazing role. (I remember his energy and sense of timing…….clap clap..superb. Watch this film for “ Rajpal Yadav “ I will be surprised if he doesn’t get nominated for “Best performance in a comic role” ). 6.I have never seen any of Neha Dhupia’s previous films, but in this movie she was WOW. ( We were looking more at Neha than at Kareena,wink wink) 7.Was Shushma Reddy really required ? (She was one of Channel V’s VJ’s a long long time ago.) 8.I loved the character that Kareena Kapoor played in this film. No words can describe that performance. ( She plays the role of a dumb girl, cheeky smile) The film is funny in parts and the people sitting behind us were having a blast and it was sort of infectious. Watch it with friends (who can laugh out loud). ______________________________________________ I have read a few Legal Thrillers including Perry Mason and a lot of other guys who have not been able to make an impact on me. The Client (the hero is an 11 year old boy!!) and the Runaway Jury are wonderful and David Baldacci is another favorite. But they lacked that …sting. Then I chanced upon Proof of Intent - William J. Coughlin. It is one of the most thrilling and funny books I have read this year. It’s in first-person narration (my favorite) and the characters are depicted wonderfully. The plot is simple but the last chapter is downright fantastic. Pick it up today……

3 comments:

Vc said...

Oh Great forgot the main question!!

What's with the title? chup chup ke???

Prashanth said...

I like John Grisham but its been a while since I've read any of his books. I've been too absorbed in fantasy land :D

Vc said...

THE DARK WORLD ... eeks..