Thursday, June 1

Yawn: An honest opinion openly expressed.

Call me a chauvinistic owl but I admit that I hate to lose to someone with the xx chromosome. I remember this one incident , the year being 2003, when I was sort of…sigh* ok ok I was beaten in a game of chess by a lil girl named Anna. There ..sigh* now I feel better. ;) It was one of those boring days, when (ping) I get a “challenge” message from a lil 17 year old girl. I smile, this is going to be like eating roasted peanuts.yummy. 31 moves and 3 minutes later, Checkmate, game over.Anna sends a smile. I was too stunned to react. That lil girl beat me !! I gather my wits and challenge her, I pray that she will accept it. She does. The second game is attention-grabbing and we play it safe. The game is interrupted by a colleague wondering if I was interested in a cup coffee.I glare at him, he backs off.I lose a rook. I swear aloud and startle my manager. I win that game. I chat with Anna, she’s a Russian and her grandfather was a former Grand Master. Score 1-1. I challenge her to a last game, the decider. She agrees. That last game was the best game I ever played. When I uttered the magic words Checkmate, the board was empty but for her king and a rook, my King, a strategically placed soldier and a very tired looking knight. I was elated .She smiled and vanished from my screen, never to be seen again.*sigh +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enigma is Kannadiga else how can she put "Nanna Kathegalu" and you are asking her which language she speaks...:))

Anonymous said...

:) i know .. adddu chamak.. by the way i noticed in one of her posts she signs off as Ashwini..so i keep calling her Ashwini ..hehe...she thinks she can pester me ..uahahahhaha..

Anonymous said...

One thing is true that your blog is lively & interesting :)

Anonymous said...

A compliment.Thank you .did you find my profile on orkut ? Vc goobe ? No ?

wait a min..who is this ..its like talking to the wind..

Enigma said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

u and indtersting!!!! u must be dreaming dude go check the mirror

Prashanth said...

Uffff this Enigma doesn't know anything... thunder leadeth the rain but lightning leadeth the thunder, and lightning is like child's play for Wizards.

Vc the dimwit with the interesting lingo.... uahahahaaa... this is fun :)

Enigma said...

@prashanth

dimwit who ahs stolen the lingo from somem one.
dimwit who thinks he is smart while he is not
dimwit whos wit is damp as of now as thunder leadth the rain :PPPPP

Prashanth said...

Oye, are you insinuating that I'm a dimwit as well?!

This calls for a reply in kind.

A dimwit am I, and a dimwit is Veee
Ah, dimwits are we, woe is me.
But better to be a dimwit
Than to be a twit!

There is no such thing as original lingo,
Ask any Dodo or Dingo!
We live on borrowed time,
In borrowed space,
With borrowed words.

Now now, Miss Enigma,
This is not doggerel, but dogma.
My wit may be damp from the rain,
But play with lightning and you'll fry your brain :P

Vc said...

3 cheers for SP !! The Dude ROCKS!!

Miss ennigmaaaaaa :) don't mess with us dimwits :)

Anonymous said...

play with the likes ?
challenge u to a board game ...

Viking!

Anonymous said...

morning morning ?? which board game ?? I prefer chess :)

Vc said...

To Miss Enigma,

To begin with I would like to thank you for spending your precious time on my “tutty fruity“ blog.

Please note that I am neither livid nor disconcerted at being called a dimwit (I have been called worse names one of them being “cute” eeew).I always believed in the saying "Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are.”


I can’t help it but this little “chit chat” episode reminds me of the conversation between Frodo and Aragon.(Lord of the Rings)

Frodo: What do you want?
Aragorn: A little more caution from you, that is no trinket you carry.

Frodo: I carry nothing.
Aragorn: Indeed. I can avoid being seen if I wish, but to disappear entirely, that is a rare gift.

Have a blast this weekend!!

Regards
The dimwit Goobe Vc :)

Life is like a blanket too short. You pull it up and your toes rebel, you yank it down and shivers meander about your shoulder; but cheerful folks manage to draw their knees up and pass a very comfortable night. ~Marion Howard

Kirthi said...

Sanjay, yahan kya ho raha hai?? Ok I robbed that from jaane bhi do yaaron :)
My dear enigma, There is only one word for Vc: loos.
Sp,
"This is not doggerel"??
Then what is it? A mongrel?

Anonymous said...

Kirthi !! why are you calling enigmaaaaa " my dear" discrimination of the masses... (Vc shouts) Arjun Singh Discrimination in the comment section..

hey kirthi you wanna join our gang of dimwits..you get free popcorn...

Anonymous said...

continue continue..jagala sakkathagide :P

Prashanth said...

Viking? Now where did that come from?

Looks like this Enigma doesn't want to play. Cha.

KK: A mongrel may be the mother of a dog, but even that wouldn't make it a dogma >:P

Prashanth said...

Btw, how did you win with just a knight and pawn when Anna still had a rook? Is Vc a chess grand-mister in disguise?

Vc said...

Sp ..why dont we play a game sometime ???