Friday, August 19

All in a days work.

I saw Mangal and Pandey - The Handy cam version. What !!You have never heard of it? Ok ok I'll explain. Wednesday night: I went to my local CD store and asked if Mangal Pandey was available for rent. (Couldn't watch it last weekend on big screen). The owner said" Yes but the print is a bit…"and his voice trailed off. I thought lets give it a try and I rented it. We sat down to watch the most awaited film of the Month (Yeah, I’m sure next month, something new will come up). The CD shop owner was joking. The print was *$%$% .The VCD print looked like it was recorded by some bloke with a handy-cam. I wonder how much they paid him for the service. It was fun and irritating. When the scene had 2 or more actors, the camera would zoom from one face to another. Obviously without synchronization. The General was talking in Hindi and Aamir Khan was ordering the soldiers with an English accent...eeeW. The constant clapping and swearing by the audience, the whistles when Rani danced wah wah just too good...I fell asleep before the interval (read first CD). Do you guys remember " Bharath ek Khoj" ? Nehru’s -Discovery of India. With Om Puri's narration in the background, this film reminded me of that documentary.. Sorry no review of Mangal Pandey because for the next half of the film the *$&%@#$ cameraman was constantly checking out chicks in the 4th row. Sigh* Sorry had to vent out my anger at someone, it has been one of those days… Thursday: Took a day off. Had to assemble a desktop PC for my cousin. I was astonished at the low prices of the accessories. And then as usual all hell broke loose. I had parked my bike on SP road; of course I thought it was legal to park in front of the shop. The police thought otherwise and towed it away. This conversation says it all; it’s from the serial Becker. Dr. John Becker: Just when I think God couldn't screw me any further, he gets out the old Black & Decker and twists a little harder! Margaret: Interesting; you're being persecuted by a God you don't believe in. Dr. John Becker: That's why he's after me, Margaret. Why can’t the police leave a calling card saying something in the lines of: “Aapki bike hamare kabze main hai. Come to so and so station, pay the fine and collect it“. I had no idea which Police guys had towed my bike. The local shopkeepers were not helpful .I then had to walk to the KR Market Police station. Thursday being the day before the Varamahalakshmi festival, was overcrowded. Crowded is not the right word. It was a virtual stampede. I was cursing all the way as I didn't know where the &*^%$* Police Station was. Almost all of Bangalore’s Police stations are being rebuilt or being modernized, so they have been temporarily shifted.I asked the vendors for directions but they were not helpful as they themselves did not know where the **&*(@*** PS was .*sigh. The Police Station was on the first floor of an old building bang in the middle of the market. I could hear someone shouting on the loudspeaker " Happy V lakshmi festival. Please be careful, there are lot of mobile thieves, pickpocketers and Chain snatchers. blah blah ... " .Why do these guys have such irritating voices.. hmm maybe I was grr grr .Even you would be (@#%@% if you were stepped on by 5 not so thin women and poked in the eye, by an old lady carrying a bunch of lotus flowers, not to mention pushed around . At last I managed to find the Police station, it was easy I followed the irritating voice. Alas I was informed that I was required to go to a different police station,the Kalasipalayam Police Station. So I had to cross the market again. I was lucky this time as I kept away from the frantic shoppers but still that 2 wheeler managed to find my feet. *ouch. Do you know to which simple question people are afraid and hesitant to answer, " Where's the Police Station?” After walking for 2 kms I found the Kalasipalayam Police Station. Here I was informed that SP road was not under their jurisdiction.I should Have guessed.. but you see my spidy sense was overwhelmed by the smells in the market. I was asked to check at High gate Police Station which is near the Corporation Offices...(2 minutes walk from where my bike was originally parked). I was so #$%#$^* mad. Not one auto was ready to drop me off at High gate Police Station. I was exhausted, hungry , cross and grrrr. Walked another kilometer and this tobacco chewing Muslim driver agreed to drop me off at the police station. Allah ka lakh lakh shukar hai. Found my bike chained to 10 other vehicles. The guy who was supposed to give the receipt had conveniently taken a "DUM" break. $%^$^* Cops. After 20 mins, the traffic inspector with his chamchas arrived with another load of vehicles. You should see them handle the vehicles.. uff...Never in my short life was I so eager to pay the fine. Rs 200 for parking in the "No Parking zone" and Rs 100 towards towing charges. @#!$#$ Rules.. * Sigh. I swear no more bunking office on weekdays.

14 comments:

Karthik CS said...

Morals of the story:
1. Dont bunk office on Thursday
2. If ur bike is missing near SP rd, it will in High gate Police Station. Near Corporation.
3. Dont watch Mangal Pandey Handycam version


sari na?

Now cheer up .. You have actually put light on various issues that can happen to many of us..

Vc said...

Sigh* .. So i was the goat.. the Bhakra.. the one who boldly went where no man has gone before..

Karthik CS said...

You .. recently (andre may be a month back) by gaadi was towed away near passport office.. As that was second time I arrived at the Proper police station and get it relieved..

So, I am there to give u sath .. Dont cry... err. come lets cry ..

Vc said...

Howdha!!! .. yeah comeon over.. but bring your own hanky.. sniff sniff..

Self Writeous said...

I was already through with half the post thinking I was reading someone else. It was only after I chanced "Bangalore" that I realized that it was our very cool guy getting traumatized. I plowed on with double the enthusiasm ... only to be rewarded with double the fun... :D

Vc said...

Grrr .. ( Vc curses under his breath) every dog has its day.. .. ohm .. shanthi shanthi...

Anonymous said...

oh..u sort of deserve it u know..most probably u wouldnt even have told mom that u were taking the day off :D.

Happy Raksha Bandan!!..o btw "Your Blessings" (as you put it) is not sufficient as my gift ;)

Anonymous said...

Aha! So u don't tell ur mom about ur bunking huh? Wait a sec what did u say was your residence number?
Did u by any chance think of the possibility that mr. director was having an underhand dealing in this...scratch your nose..hmm he gets the 100 bucks then he gets the mangal pandey movie shot by the company watchman (who is drooling over the chicks on the front row).. He knows when u bunk u go to SP road and hangout there for counterfiet stuff (coz he buys stuff from there too)..what more he has a spy in wipro! Hmm and she gets more from him than from her soul brother on rakshabandhan!!

Prashanth said...

Aaaah poor Vc... the world is so cruel to good boys like us, ain't it?

Anonymous said...

So famed SP has a road named after him SP Road. But our viceroy VC wont be harassed at SPPS; I mean SP Police Station.

Simple "HI"
will do?

have a good one

Anonymous said...

hey Bro, thanks for the gift kano..very thoughtful and touching..got it at the end of the day..me almost in tears(ohh..coz me laughing at the antics of Calvin).

ok so now got the gift where are the blessings :d

Prashanth said...

The "famed" SP? :-O

Oh cool... didn't know I was famous... or is it infamous?

Anonymous said...

Er vc... Isn't Rs.100 for the fine and Rs.200 for the towing?

I thought that is what you paid up for 'No Parking' beside CTR, the other day near Malleshwaram circle. Hmm...

Vc said...

Vc takes a deeeeeeeeeeeeep breath... turns bluish yellow...

Hey Sis here's my blessings:
"May you always have Walls for the winds,
A roof for the rain, Tea beside the fire,
Laughter to cheer you, Those you love near you,
And all your heart might desire! "
and give my thanks to BIL for giving you that C&H ....

Anony >> Hey We don't hang out at SPee road.. its just once in a month and we don't buy counterfiet stuff..grrr... bowwww bowwwwwwww

SPee >> True dude.. *sigh.. good guys end last... By the way do you think it was the Intern who wrote the famed SP comment?

Lo Anand it was Rs 200 fine.. dude.. believe me I know.. Paid a couple of times now alva.. experience..kano..

>> To the other Anony who called me " Viceroy Vc" :) ..... Hiya .. Have we met before ??