Thursday, August 11

Could crop circles be the work of a cereal killer?

Saw an owl being attacked by crows.This was on the main road :) Awesome sight !! the owl didn't give a damn about the crows. The crows had a simple strategy. One would stand in front of the owl trying to distract it while the other pulled at its wings. . I just wished I had a cool digicam, I could have posted pics of the owl turning its head at an impossible 280 degrees. *sigh My office colleague says its bad luck to see an owl Hah!!. Well my friends call me "the wise old owl ". Owls are so beautiful and are hardly seen during daytime. Yesterday when it was raining heavily I was stuck in the bus-stop . Suddenly I had this feeling something was not right.. the crowd had successfully pushed me outside the shelter and I was slowly but steadily being drenched. But what made me smile was this aunty standing right in the middle of the shelter, with an open umbrella over her head .. grrr.. Its Raksha Bandhan next week ... The chaste bond of love between a brother and a sister is one of the deepest and noblest of human emotions. 'Raksha Bandhan' or 'Rakhi' is a special occasion to celebrate this emotional bonding by tying a holy thread around the wrist. This thread, which pulsates with sisterly love and sublime sentiments, is rightly called the ‘Rakhi’. It means 'a bond of protection', and Raksha Bandhan signifies that the strong must protect the weak from all that’s evil. The previous 3 years my sis used to order Rakhi's online and some dot com company in Chennai (No not Bangalore) would then send a greeting, a silk thread and a box of sweets. The sweets were of course STALE. So this time she's kind of being .. hmm how do I put it....read on .. Here's a partial chat transcript : Sis : Hey want me to send those stale sweets again ? Vc: Naaaaaaaaaahi.. Sis : Why don't u take some money from my account and freak out instead ?? Need I say more ? I was worried ... Vc: Vidya what have you been drinking ? Sis :I am drinking papaya juice with a bit of sodium monoglutamate added for flavor and lots of milk and ice.. Sigh*Yep that's my sis ............ But Rakhi ... I mean they tie a small piece of silk thread.. and smile..We bro's,then have to fork out currency notes... This is what Kk had to say : "Hah that's the fun of being the sister... they say "hum rakhi bandke bhagwan se bhai ke liye dua mangenge toh bhai humein keemtee gifts dega". I was thinking hmmm..... Vidya .. how about you tie this to my wrist ?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was more like "hum rakhi bandke bhagwan se bhai ke liye dua mangenge toh bhai aur zayda kamane lagega". :D
--kk

Anonymous said...

hello brother..looks like u seriously want them bad sweets..i can still send them , then dont complain i was sick coz of ur sweets...good actions and thoughts are no more valued nowdays ..very sad :(

Vc said...

WHAT !! Hello !! Hey what's going on ????