Tuesday, September 7

The weekend was just like Bangalore's weather: Wet, gloomy and dark.

Friday: Heavy Rains. A branch broke of a tree and Smack fell right in my path. Uff I was lucky. Saturday: Gloomy. Mom didn't want to me to go out. So rented "Collateral" and a Tamil Movie "Madurey ". Sneaked out in the afternoon, finished classes. Boring evening, came back early. Mom was surprised. Saw TripleX, Vin Diesel rocks!!. Sunday: Rainy and Cloudy. 8 am. Went to the vegetable market with mom . My God, mom bought carrots, brinjals, potatoes,drumsticks, tomatoes, beans, cucumber and spinach. No wonder I'm so thin. Yuuck. Got a call from Anand, he's back from Hyderabad. Says Hyderabad Sucks. Plan to meet at Sajjan's Place. Teacher's Day Celebrations at our tution centre. Students present me with two oil lamps, so no classes. Pick up Sri and Off to Sajjan's place. Get caught in the Rain. Bad Evening Overall. Had to drop off Sri at his house , Yelahanka. Went home at 10 30 pm Wet and Cold. Mom was angry, more Dishum Dishum. Had a bad dream, in which I tragically die in a road accident :( . Monday : Why is Bangalore so cold ? The weather Sucks. Feeling kind of Low. Mom is up early preparing Sweets and decorating the Mantapa with flowers . I set off to meet the publishers. On the way see a group of people blocking the road, beep beep, the people disperse. What I saw next shocked the hell out of me. I'm still thinking about the dream and pufff I see a dead body. All decorated with flowers and garlands ,all set to be taken away for cremation. Do I take this as a sign ??? I decide to meet all my favorite people " Kya patha kal ho na ho ". Skip lunch. Drink 7 cups of coffee .( Kept me awake allnight ) Have fun in the evening talking and cracking jokes with my students. Mom has everything ready for the Midnight Puja. The Mantappa is 50 years old and my granny used to decorate it every Krishnajanmastami, all our relatives would stay till 12 and take part in the puja. Now it’s just my parents and me. Ask my mom who would be inheriting the Mantappa (It has to go to the Eldest Son). Mom says I can keep it. I'm still thinking about the dream and give her a sly smile. Watch Becker and Friends, these guys are really funny. Mom wakes me up at 12, I find so many sweets and fruits all around Krishna, envy him. Puja done, Mom breaks her fast and has dinner at 12 30 midnight Uff . We watch Martina in the women’s doubles match,Martina Navratilova is her favorite tennis player. Then continue to watch and Cheer Paes and Martina, in the mixed Quarterfinals as they battle the 17 year old teen sensation Sharapova and Max Mirnyi. Ofcourse our team won!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so did u have to stay up till midnight and wait for the puja? hmmmm i miss all the sweets.

Vallabhi Shegaonkar said...

hey there, hope u had a great celebration at home on Janmashtami....

oh sad to hear abt ur dream.

this was funny - =))
>I decide to meet all my favorite people " Kya patha kal ho na ho ".