Monday, June 20

As kids see it : Reader's Digest :

Last year, my nine-year-old daughter flew first class to Los Angeles, won second prize in a national dance competition, spent the Fourth of July on the Queen Mary, swam in the Pacific Ocean, toured Hollywood and enjoyed all the rides at Universal Studios. Then, at the beginning of the school year, when her teacher asked her to draw her favourite summer memory, Robin drew a picture of herself on our backyard swing, eating a chocolate bar. --Sandra Blake, Hampton, Ont. (from As Kids See It, 2001) =========================================== My 15-year-old daughter, Courtney, had become ill, and thinking it might be appendicitis, we went to the emergency room at our local hospital. Courtney was feeling too sick even to answer questions, so the nurse asked me to describe her symptoms. I explained that she was complaining of acute pain in her side. But in a small voice, Courtney corrected me. "It’s not a cute pain! It really hurts!" --Jayne Glenn, Fredericton (from As Kids See It, 2001) =========================================== In our church, children are permitted both the bread and the wine at communion. After one service, the priest took me aside to speak to me about my seven-year-old. "Please tell Connor," he gently said, "the appropriate response to the wine is ‘Amen’ not ‘Mmm, yummy!’" --Linda Walker, Wingham, Ont. (from As Kids See It, 2001) =========================================== We were having trouble with a mouse raiding the cupboards at our cottage, so my wife decided to set a trap. Our nine-year-old granddaughter watched as she baited it with peanut butter. "Gran, shouldn’t you use cheese?" Kathleen asked. Then, after a moment’s reflection, she added, "But I suppose that would be too obvious, eh?" --James Oswald, Vankleek Hill, Ont. (from As Kids See It, 2001)

5 comments:

Vc said...

Don't you even dare accuse me of
Ctrl V & C .... what do i write about.. the chick in the bowling alley or my chance meeting with Rati's sister ?

Prashanth said...

Ya Vc, we want stories of your Moo hunts! :p

Anonymous said...

Hey Vc,
I miss getting reader's digest... thanks for sharing the laughs :-D
Nearly on holidays... mine officially starts at 9:10am on Saturday morning (after an early exam) but you'll still be sleeping at that time over there :-P (unless you're up at 5am).
Talk to you soon. Nadera :-)

Kirthi said...

Of course Vc we are all ears, I mean all eyes to know about ur safari trips!! :D

Vc said...

Hi Nadera.. Thanks for dropping by.. will mail soon ..

Kirthi and SP.. will try to type something funny.. will have to skip lunch... sigh...