Thursday, June 23

Batman Begins review :A guy who dresses up like a bat clearly has issues.

Thanks to Sajjan who presented me with this DVD (Vc beams) and thanks to http://www.allmoviephoto.com/for the pics published in this post. Prequels are a rage ... First it was Star Wars and then it was hmmm ...( can't remember right now ) Batman ? I would love to see the prequel of " The Matrix " and " The Lord of the Rings "(The Hobbit). The first half of the film shows, logically and realistically, how the man known as Bruce Wayne came to assume a double life as a wealthy playboy and his alter ego, the dark avenger of the night. And what's all this fuss with Katie Holmes ? She's not even hmm hmm... duh!! The car chase ( Vc shakes his head ) was something like an episode of COPS -- except, of course, for the Batmobile's ability to leap from roof to roof and the ahem... " Stealth Mode ".You get to see how the Batcave is developed, where the suit and utility belt come from, and the secret of the Batmobile . The line to watch out is when Katie asks Batman " Who are you ?" His answer "It’s not who you are underneath,it’s what you do that defines you". and this one : Bruce Wayne: They told me there was nothing out there, nothing to fear. But the night my parents were murdered I caught a glimpse of something. I've looked for it ever since. I went around the world, searched in all the shadows. And there is something out there in the darkness, something terrifying, something that will not stop until it gets revenge. Me. Funny Scene : When Alfred and Bruce are talking about the Bat ears .. they are supposed to be shipped from China.. they order 10000 bat ears so as not to arouse suspicions. ( Comeon I found it funny !!! ) Overall the action scenes are too fast and you can't make out who's bashing who.Its too dark and I had to keep increasing the brightness * sigh *and they always talked in whispers. Wait a min .. what about the background score ... did it have one .... I must have missed it.. Vc's verdict.....watch if and only if you get free tickets and popcorn. PS: If Batman's car is called the Batmobile.. what his mobile phone called ?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

.... or someone gift's you a DVD.

Sajjnu, can I get one too? Hmm... maybe I'll choose a different movie.

Tipsy Topsy said...

I saw it (spent 150 bucks) and enjoyed it. Most importantly I like batman movies better than Spiderman ones. And Katie holmes said those words to Bruce Wayne first ..he repeats them to her u-know-when.

Katie holmes was a better treat for men than the guy for women. my friend kept cribbing that not only was she not enjoying the movie, even the guy isn't cute!

i love the exchanges between alfred and bruce. when the house is on fire, he says ..lift the boulder, what were those push-ups for? hehe

Vc said...

TT that was a nice review of "Batman begins" for all the womenfolk out there.

Micheal Caine and Morgan Freeman shine in the film, don't they ?

Anand , Sajjan gifts you DVD's only if you accompany him to eat those huge Raj kachories :)

Anonymous said...

Aie Aie... Raj Kachories! Nay, Never!! I'll buy the DVDs myself.

Tipsy Topsy said...

yeh kaise log hain so raj kachorie nahin khaate :O kahan hai sajjan..mein chaloongi man!

Vc said...

Well you can meet us at the National Market Sunday 7pm.