Friday, June 17

By Toutatis!

Madz comment on SP's blog courtingdisaster :An Asterix character who gets bashed , reminded me of the good old days when I used to read those books. I really liked them and I still do.My first Asterix book was "The Mansions of the Gods " , I loved dogmatix ,he can't stand it when trees are cut down and cries whenever that happens! Howls actually .. Wooooooooooooooowww... The names of characters were so funny : Getafix:"get a fix" conveys the fact he makes potent potions. Vitalstatistix : the chief who always stood on a shield and his wife Impedimenta . The fishmonger Unhygienix , who gets his fish fresh from Paris by oxcart.His wife Bacteria. The Balcksmith Fulliautomatix . The lovely Panacea ..wonder why no-one dresses like her anymore..hmmmm Justforkix , Telegraphix, Selectivemploymentax ,Gastronomix and a host of other funny characters. Ooh does anyone remember the character of Ptenisnet - who carries on an army career in the belief that he is actually on a package holiday and is always complaining about the accommodation and asking to see the menu in the mess hall. Man that was hilarious. I think its from Asterix the Legionary. Do you know why Asterix and Obelix is famous in France ? Apart from the fact that they were french characters, the story of valiant Frenchmen holding out against an evil empire appeals to folk who failed to do so against the Nazis .

9 comments:

Kirthi said...

Now u asked for it!! Pattaar pattaar.

Vc said...

Now what did I do ?? and why is everyone after me today ??

* Sigh : somedays I'm the fly and somedays the frog....

Tipsy Topsy said...

I had an Asterix deprived childhood. :(

I have increasingly felt that i missed outon something great. saving it for old age now.

Anonymous said...

Yep fly on the wall and frog in the well :-P

aniket said...

Somehow i was never interested in asterix that much. (Only read 3 of them)
It was tintin all the way for me......but I'll sure correct that soon.

aniket said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vc said...

TT ,its not too late.. grab a copy today .

Aniket, Do you by chance happen to know Tintin's last name ? :)

I used to read both books.. Captain Haddock rocks !!

Next post on Snowy..

Unknown said...

hey,
u missed Dogmatix

Vc said...

But sir I did.. :) . you know what the cost of an Asterix Book is ?

Rs 600 /- Ufff...12 lts of petrol.