Thursday, June 23

Walks. The body advances, while the mind flutters around it like a bird. ~Jules Renard

I wanted to write about Sports commentators like Vijay Amritraj , Dr. Narottam Puri, Henry Blofeld .. but that will have to wait. I read this article on Bangalore torpedo about a certain Mr Arun Pai who organizes walks through MG Road." A stroll through British Bangalore " that's what its called. It's a 90 min , 3km walk , with Breakfast included. But the cost is just too high Rs 700 !! . I think its mainly aimed at Foreign tourists who want to know what Bangalore is all about. Heard this on Radio : Should film/sports personalities represent India ? A smart reply : Just as MG road does not represent Bangalore , film/sports personalities do not represent India. And for the love of GOD,I am not sending anyone Platinum rings, so please stop writing to me ...

9 comments:

Tipsy Topsy said...

how much would u take to show tourists the REAL bangalore?

Anonymous said...

yeah... REAL as in Chikpet, Akkipet, Ragipet, Kalasipalyam! How much VC?

Vc said...

Yep the tours are scheduled at 6am every Sunday. Please call me and book NOW. Oh the price is just Rs 100/- (+taxes ) and u have to bring your own water bottle I am Not sharing mine.

Kirthi said...

Psst how much have you collected so far for my platinum ring??? 100 bucks??? Too less. U'll give it me after reborn as a comodo dragon kya?

Vc said...

NO and NO I am not going to sell my friend's IPOD nor break into the Reserve bank.. grrr..

Anonymous said...

Vinod,
The walks are priced at Rs 495 (incl a great buffet breakfast), or Rs 395 (without breakfast). They are NOT Rs 700! And you will be surprised how many locals we get on the walks. Check www.bangalorewalks.com for more detials, testimonials etc.
As far as the "REAL" Bangalore walks, we will soon start "Tipu's Bangalore" walks, currently we have only British Bangalore walks in the Cantonment area.

Vc said...

Thank you Arun for the information. I will spread the word and who knows oneday I might join the walk :)

PS: but how did you land here ??

Anonymous said...

The same way you landed on bangalorewalks.com!

Check out recent press at

http://www.deccanherald.com/deccanherald/jul302005/metrosat150562005729.asp and
http://www.deccanherald.com/deccanherald/jul302005/index.asp
and at http://www.hindu.com/mp/2005/08/04/stories/2005080401610100.htm

Anonymous said...

By the way I also have been to one of these walks and felt great!
One can also book tickets of these walks online on events section of Ghoomo.com

Look forward to also attend Arun's Pub Crawl and Cycle Walks :)

Subodh