Thursday, June 30

Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words. ...

Was reading this interesting article on sledging Verbal Remedies The writer makes a fair point :"We’ve evolved sledging into “mental disintegration” because the point is to mess with their minds, right? and do check out Sunil Gavaskar's Colin Cowdrey spirit of Cricket speech . Did you know :Yesterday when someone asked me what the word "Swaha", used in almost all of our prayers represented- I gleefully replied that it means " we offer ". ( Google says :Swaha" means "to offer up to higher realms").But later I read that Swaha was Agni's wife, Offerings to Agni are made in the name of his wife, to "cool him" ... hmmm....

5 comments:

Prashanth said...

C'mon Vc.. the Swaha thing is a very standard quiz question that even a 10th standard kid can answer these days.

Oh forgot... you're still in kindergarten. Apologies :D

Kirthi said...

Yeah right only people like SP who are top heavy know such things!! Anyway I didn't know it too...nahiii don't tell mom, she'll kill me for that.

Vc said...

:( ...

Well I did know that as soon as Agni was born, he devoured his parents. Indian mythology is so complex yet fascinating.

Karthik CS said...

Ohh howda... sakkattu

Anonymous said...

I've got a place just like that vw canada