Monday, June 13

Podi Loos

Saw "Rendezvous with Simi Garewal" ( the show was first aired in 1997) every-time I see Simi aunty I invariably ask my mom , " So how old is she ? " My Mom then does the calculation ." Hmm in Mera Naam Joker , which was released in 1970 she was in her 20's ...so now she should be....56 + yrs." and I raise my eyebrows. The last episode was hilarious. It was a collage of unedited clips .There was a candid camera segment where the Bachchan clan is chatting before the show begins and amidst the banter, Shweta's daughter Navyanaveli (who is off screen) is asked who is looking the nicest.Adorably, and wisely, when asked to choose between AB senior and junior, mom Shweta and grandma Jaya, Navya replies, "I don't know". Very diplomatic.. she was cute . In another section celebrities are asked to choose a person for a dinner date . AB: Gayathri Devi ( pause ) ... when she was young . Jaya aunty : Why not now ? Abhishek : Because she's married :) . Now its Jaya Aunty's turn ... she says " Maybe Ustad Amzad Ali Khan or Ustad Zakir Hussain " Abhishek : haahaha.... I mean you would say something like " Ruk Kyun gaye .. bajao " This had everyone smiling . The musical segment wherein the guests are made to sing their favorite songs was boring. Attended Venki's sister's marriage , actually the reception. Saw Dee sitting with her friends...I think they were discussing global warming .The hall was filled with so many eligible brides ....* sigh *. Anantha is back from his Honeymoon . He had been to Munnar, Kerala ( its a hill resort) and wanted to meet us guys and ofcourse treat us to lunch. We met at the 3 star Pai Viceroy hotel. The " Viceroy Special Dessert" ,with 3 flavours of icecream and fruit salad , was just too yummmmy. Image hosted by TinyPic.com Image hosted by TinyPic.com

12 comments:

Vc said...

Things which have not been mentioned : Witnessing an accident,involved in one , watching a gross tamil film,meeting dee at the reception,playing video games at Sajjan's place :)

Unknown said...

hey nice blog

keep it up

Kirthi said...

Why don't u proof read before u submit for once! What do I call u : submit-button-happy?

Vc said...

eh !! .. ok will do that from the next post.

Prashanth said...

No NO! Vc, don't abandon the little people... dont you dare start doing stuff like (gasp) PROFF-READING!

Vc said...

Oh God ! what would I do without you SP.. Kirthi almost pulled me over to the " You Know where " side.

Vc wipes his brow.. that was close..

Tipsy Topsy said...

why do they keep repeating the episodes ? :(

Kirthi said...

Vc there is no way that u r going to listen to that kutty SP, heck I'm elder to him :P
Btw I presume that podi loos is not meant for me :)

Self Writeous said...

Well enough is enough. VC won't Proof Read or for that matter Proff Read. If you censure him any futher poor VC shall Proof Reed and smoke it too!! :-p

Vc said...

TT : Reruns are for me :)
did you catch Simi aunty explaining why men are bald.. I think it was to Shoaib .. I was lol.

Kk : How can i call you loos ? podi yes but loos.. che che..

SP : help me .. the force is strong with them ( kk and Hoh ).

Hoh : Bruce Reid ??
I can actually visualize you typing a comment and then deleting certain letters so that it could look like a typo .. uahhah ahahha.. Sorry I'm mean .. was just complimenting you on your vocab..making typo's are not a cup of tea for you :)

Kirthi said...

Hello its only kk on one side and the rest of you scheming brutes on Vc's side.
Wait a minute I can call Miss Nirmala and mrs. Aga and SP and HoH: who are ur grammar teachers?

Vc said...

Thank God, you did not call me a Brute.

BTW Miss Nirmala is now Mrs Nirmala with 2 kids..